Chapter 82

After dropping Cora off at school the next morning, Shawn heads to the cafe holding Conlan and his bag as he sets him down in the playpen and walking over to Jenna. "He was a little fussy last night, and he was gnawing on his teething ring, so I gave him some baby aspirin about ten this morning."

"Okay thanks," Jenna nods.

Nodding his head, he slides his hand on her lower back and kisses her forehead before waving at Bridgette and walking out. He heads to the stadium to get on a bus to head to the airport with the team. Some hours later, Shawn and the team are on a bus to the hotel in Chicago.

"You're quiet," a fellow teammate says.

"Yeah just a lot of shit going on," Shawn shrugs, looking back down at his phone.

"How's your family?"

Shawn kind of chuckles. "Cora and Conlan are good."

"Believe there's one more member in that family."

"She's fine I guess."

"Right, she hasn't called you once since we left Toronto."

"And she probably won't. She wants a separation."

"No shit. You think she's cheating?"

"She thinks I did and she thinks I'm back into the drugs."

"Maybe she's just making excuses to hide what she's doing."

"I highly doubt that," Shawn shakes his head.

"Why...she perfect?"

"Pretty damn close," Shawn laughs.

"You going to give her what she wants then?"

"What do you mean?"

"You going to separate? Ninety-nine percent of the time it leads to divorce."

"I don't want to separate. I don't want that because if that happens, that means I'm taking Cora, and I don't want to do that either."

"You think a judge is going to give Cora to you? You're gone two-thirds of the year."

"Cora's my daughter. She's not Jenna's and they sure as hell aren't going to give her back to Janelle."

"Hasn't she been raising her the past couple years?"

"Shut the hell up man."

The guy smirks.