Court Room and The Pool Party Fail

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, " Mrs. Andrews stated before walking back to her seat next to Archie. Archie leaned over to say something to his mom but I couldn't see what he was saying.

*****************
I was filling up my cup in the small water machine I watched it bubble and pretended like I wasn't paying attention to Josie's and Mrs. McCoy's conversation. "Just level with us mom. What do you think Archie's chances are? " Josie asked with Kevin standing beside her looking grim.

"I'd say it have to be about fifty fifty, " Mrs. McCoy admitted." But if it had to come down on a side Mrs. McCoy, " Kevin asked. Mrs. McCoy obviously didn't know the answer but I waited in case she came up with one."A.j., " Sweet Pea said I looked back at him and his pointed at my cup which was now overflowing.

I grabbed it and turned around to Sweet Pea. "Do you know where Archie is, " I looked over and saw Betty,  Veronica and Jughead heading to the stairs. "Well I dont but they prolly do, " I pushed my head towards them as a subtle way to point. He just nodded and started to walk to the stairs with me in quick pursuit.

We made it up the stairs stuck behind Jug, Betty and Veronica. At the top we found Archie sitting his mind obviously in some distant land based on the distraught features etched into his face glazed over eyes. "What you thinking about Arch?" I asked. He blinked and the light came back. "How your gonna walk out of here a free man, " Veronica stated sitting next to him.

"A place actually Ronnie, you an I have never been there but Betty,  A.J.,  Jug do you remember the Sweetwater swimming hole? " I grinned nodding. "I was just thinking about that, " Jug commented and Betty nodded in agrreance. "Why'd we very stop going?" Betty questioned "Do you remember when we got covered in leeches?" he asked I shivered at the thought. I remember peeling them off my skin crying because I was scared we were gonna die.

"Was that us or was that a movie? " Betty questioned looking horrified. "That was definitely us, " I giggled and the boys muttered a few words in agreement. "Well I wanna go, " Veronica said. "Me too, " Sweet Pea pouted and I giggled before Kevin ran up us.

"Court, " he heaved " Is back in session, " he barely finished before struggling for air again.

We walked back down the stairs back to the large room that felt really like a heater. "The jury is still deliberating, " the judge's voice echoed through the courtroom leaving an eery feel. "But I've dismissed them, " he stated leaving the crowd in a fit of murmurs and quiet whispers.

"It's been questioned and I have instructed them not to read anything about this case nor to discuss with anyone. We'll reconvene Tuesday morning after labor Day, " I felt Sweet Pea's eyes when he glanced at me but I was too focused on Archie.

The judge pulled off his classes and leaned toward Archie. "My advice to you young man, is to spend this weekend with your family and your loved ones. That's all, " The hammer rung through the room signalling we had to leave.

I walked over to Archie and his dad. We walked past cameras Archie looking away with his dad covering gave me a sense of strange comfort. I shrugged it off and walked with them for support. "Hey Archie," Hiram's voice rang in my ears and I internally groaned before turning around with Archie and Fred.

"Have a terrific weekend, ". " Fred, " Mrs. Andrews yelled out but it didn't help because Mr. Fred Andrews stormed up to Hiram and punched him in the face. "Dad stop, " Archie commanded. Archie tried to pull him back but it did not work so I walked over pulling him back with Archie,  while some other man held back Hiram.