Wrong

He took a sigh, "What is it? so we can do what ever we need to do to fix it." Trey said

"I'm afraid what has transpired, there's no fixing to. We did everything we could do for him, the bullet traveled to far, piercing the abdominal aorta. Time of death was 11:56 PM, would you like to view him before we remove him?" the doctor said

I was kind of in for a shock, I know I wanted him dead at one point but that was due to my doings, not any one else's.

Trey walked ahead of me, and I followed after.

The doctor, and both Trey and I stopped dead in our tracks when we got to Augusts' room.

"Now, you knew damn well I had a pulse." August faintly said

My face let a smile creep upon it, and Trey walked frantically over to the bed that August laid in.

"We suing his ass, cuz." August added

"Sir, I was trying to find you to tell you-- oh." another doctor said

"Moments after you left the room, I did the after procedures and his pulse was still there, I couldn't locate you. The bullet must've only grazed the aorta, opposed to piercing it." The doctor explained.

Ain't this some shit, it's good news but its still some shit.

After the doctor apologized a million times, we sat there and talked, they gave August his medications and what not and we sat there almost the whole night with him.

Aw shit, I forgot to even text my baby, let alone call her.

I dialed her number out and waited on her to pickup.

"Hello?" she answered, after the fourth ring.

"I'm sorry, baby. Were you sleep?"

"You know I was Chris, where are you?"

"At the hospital with August, but i'm on my way now, go ahead back to sleep." I told her

"Okay" she mumbled

I hung up and headed home.

Alexis

Now that Chris has called me, a sign of him being okay, I can sleep peacefully.

I knew he was home when I felt his arms wrap around me while I was asleep. That's always a great feeling.

Next chapter will be an epilogue... Sorry to those who love this book so dearly but I don't know where to go from here with this book. I do have two other CB books though that are relatively new... and I might, just might make a new one sometime near future. Thank you for reading, y'all.  Next chapter is last.
Ria 🖤