A Start

Comment for next chapter! Y'all doing good!

Alexis

I was sitting in the backyard, listening to the Jhene Aiko album which always seems to soothe me.

Chris is inside allowing Rochelle to settle in. Yeah, he decided to let her stay. Believe me, I had my choices of words and I had so much to say about it.

While I hummed along to the song, I heard Chris walk up and he sat in the other patio chair.

"What the fuck is your problem?" He said and rested his elbows on his knees.

"Don't come over here with that shit. I don't have a problem, I'm doing what any other person would do. You—"

"No, stop right there before you go on a rant. I listened to everything you had to say last night, this morning, and an hour ago now let me talk." He paused

"You being irrational as hell about this shit. The girl just wanna stay here cause her family ain't tryna let her in at they place, you know you'll want someone to do the same if you was in this predicament."

"No, there's a difference— I wouldn't be. And, where's this old Chris at? The careless one, the one that woulda told her, that ain't got shit to do wit me? I'm not saying let her stay on the streets but if you know I'm uncomfortable with her being here then you should fix it, I know I have a reason why I'm not feeling her and you just don't see it cause that's supposedly your sister. Any other bitch it would've been you would've been quick to book her a hotel but since it's some long lost hoe I ain't ever heard of you wanna have a kind heart." I paused to take a breath.

I sighed, "She can stay here for her lil week but she need to be gone first thing in the morning on her last day. Might be before then if she keep ringing my damn ear drums."

"Stop acting so bougie like you don't have yo ghetto moments." He said standing

"I do, but I'm not ghetto 25/8, where is she from?"

"VA. She was just raised different."

"She need some home training. Anyway, she sleeping in the empty guest room. I'm not making extra breakfast or dinner unless you buy extra food or something. You better be lucky I love you cause I wouldn't be letting this random hoe stay in my crib any other time." I told him

"You let Mick stay here and she a random hoe." He said

"Chris stop." I chuckled lightly

"But forreal, this my place too, I pay bills, I provide, and I fuck the lease holder so this very well my house as it's yours."

I rolled my eyes being I had no response cause he was damn right. I just hope this lil week goes by fast because like I stated, I'm just not feeling her. Not because she's loud, obnoxious and annoying but I just have an inexplicable feeling about her. Maybe I'm just tripping.

Maybe.

                              Few days later

It's the 3rd day Rochelle has been here, she has 4 more days and she's outta here. She's been annoying as expected and I've just been trying to keep away from her as much as possible.

When Chris isn't here, she's always in the room on the phone either loud and laughing or quiet and whispering. I be wanting to bust the door open and ask her is she talking about me but then Chris will think I'm nick picking or starting stuff with her.

When she's gone and Chris is here, the peace and comfort is everything. Chris did as I told him to and bought more food so I could cook it in the morning for breakfast or at night for dinner.