Waiting

August lye there almost unconscious and losing blood slowly.

There was another guy lying adjacent to August as well, but he looked dead for sure.

August's wallet hung out of his pocket. The two guys that had been here with their third partner that lye in the middle of the floor, had left. Chris went over to August and tried to tap him awake a few times, he did slight movements but nothing major.

Trey walked over to August, "Come on, bro. Get up." Trey said to August.

August didn't really move, his eyes remained closed and he continued bleeding out of his lower stomach.

"He losing blood, man, we need to be getting him to the hospital." Said Trey to Chris

"You able to get him up? I wanna make sure nobody else here that we should be watching our backs for." Chris said

Trey struggled but he was able to get August up himself. Chris scoped around the house, room to room, making sure no one else was here.

It was originally only one person that had came to meet August in the first place, not all three. For extra protection, the other two had stayed.

The guy that lye in front of August was who he had came to meet up with. They immediately began going back and forth, the guy had then threatened August and by August knowing that Chris and Trey were not even a block away, he pulled his gun out and shot the guy dead, that's when one of the other two that were there for "protection" shot August and took the money he had in his wallet; leaving.

It was in the plan to shoot August though, and the guy that was next to him. The other two men were only there to watch the transaction, kill August so he won't tell and kill the first guy off and split it between each other. The money in Augusts' wallet wasn't enough but they decided to flee the scene being they know that the sound of gun shots would alarm the neighbors and cause for the police to be showing up soon.

Chris couldn't find anyone no matter how much he circled the house. He gave up and walked back to the front, leaving the house and walking to the car where Trey placed August.

Chris got in the drivers side while Trey sat in the passenger, and August rested in the back.

Chris immediately pulled off, rushing to the hospital.

"Check his pulse." Chris directed Trey

"How?" Trey said

Chris straight faced him a million times.

"Yo dumb ass don't know how to check a pulse?"

"I ain't pay attention in science." Trey said

Chris had so much to say behind that statement but it wasn't the time.

"Try his wrist, neck, elbow, foot.. shit like that."

"Aw yeah, I feel one. It's slow but I can feel it." Trey said and adjusting himself back in his seat

"Try and keep him moving." Chris said to Trey

"How?"

"I don't know, talk to him, try and wake him up, shit I don't know." Chris shrugged

"I thought you was Dr. Phil." Trey sarcastically said and repositioned himself to turn to the backseat.

Chris pulled up to the hospital in short notice and helped Trey grab August out. They rushed through emergency entrance and August got tended to almost immediately.

Chris and Trey waited impatiently in the waiting room— hoping there friend would make it.

Alexis

I decided on chilling at my moms place until Chris finished what ever he has to do. Sitting at home alone wasn't in my plan.

"You ready to do this all over again, huh?" My mom asked me as I changed Amiyah. When I finished I placed her back in her walker.

I shrugged, "I have no choice but to, but when it all boils down to it, yeah. The twins will be one by the time I deliver this child. I was a little rusty when I first had them cause it had been about 6 years since I've changed diapers and what not but, I got the hang of it so quick. It's still fresh so I'll be alright." I answered

"Yeah, you're definitely right. At least you won't have to buy any new clothes. Whichever gender you're having will be able to wear the new born clothes and so on of its brother or sister." She said and took another sip of her wine.

She has been drinking wine since I got here, says her mind needed to relax.

"Yep, I'll be fine." I sighed and sat back.

It was silence for a second. Raniyah was at the table in the dining room doing her homework and Jeremiah was asleep while Amiyah played in her walker.

"How'd you end up getting back pregnant not even a year later?"

"Don't start." I said and rolled my eyes

"I'm just curious."

"It doesn't take a rocket science to figure out how. I think you need to stop drinking that wine for tonight." I said while grabbing my things.

I didn't feel like getting into a full on argument with her that resulted into the one we had near thanksgiving.

"Alright Alexis." She said

I gathered up the twins things and prompted Raniyah to put up her things and put on her shoes and what not.

"You don't have to leave, Alexis. It was just a question." My mom said

I rolled my eyes, again.

"Yeah, but I prefer to go home for the night." I said and gave a fake smile.

After I had all my kids rounded up, I was heading out.

"Bye, Ma." I said while walking out the door.

She waved goodbye while standing in the doorway watching me put all of the kids in and buckle them up. I got in the drivers set of my grand Cherokee and pulled off.

She needs not to taste the slightest bit of liquor.

When I got home Raniyah had taken her bath while I had put the twins down for bed after feeding them all.

I sat in the room with Raniyah until she dozed off. Afterwards I took my bath and looked at a Netflix movie while waiting on Chris. I hate when he's gone
"taking care of business" because that means he'll be gone longer than I anticipate, and I have to— well I feel most comfortable with, waiting up for him to get in.

Of course, while I looked at the tv I dozed off.

Chris
We've been sitting here for hours. Anticipating, waiting on these doctors.

I done dozed off, woke back up, got me some out the vending machine— still waiting.

I forgot to call Lex to update her on everything that's going on. I'll just let her know when I get there if she not sleep, more than likely is though.

A doctor walked out, reciting August's name and asked for the family or friends that was here for him.

Trey and I walked towards him, I was prepared for the worst, but was hoping for the best.

The doctor sighed.....

Sorry I cut it here but I wouldn't be me if I didn't. It's short, I know. I'm trying yall .. but I be wanting to give some.
Ria 🖤