They're Here

Comment throughout for next chapter. 💋

I was sitting in the hospital bed, waiting to dilate to 10 cms. I was already at 3. I looked to Chris who had his head in his hands.

"Are you alright?" I chuckled. He seemed as if he was more freaked out than I was.

"Yeah, I'm good." He said and placed his head back.

It was 6 in the morning by now and I was dilating so slow. Although these contractions are killing me, I think I may try and get some rest before it's time to push— lord knows I'm not ready for that.

                                  9 AM

Omniscient

"I was just about to wake you up" the doctor said to Alexis and smiled

"You're at 9 centimeters." He said

"That last centimeter could happen at any second. So, what I'll need you to do" He said and pointed to Chris

"Is be very supportive in this moment as it can be very painful for you and her." The doctor joked and chuckled

"And you just need to be calm, take deep breaths, take it slow and don't hurt yourself." He said and chuckled again

"I see you got jokes huh?" Chris said to him

"Oh, a lot of them." The doctor smiled

"I was informed that you didn't desire to have any medication being you were going to give birth naturally, correct?" The doctor asked Alexis.

"Correct" Alexis replied

Alexis knew that going natural would be a mistake but she was natural with her first birth, which was Raniyah. She was also told that natural birth is safest and healthiest, for the babies and her herself.

Alexis began feeling the contractions again and they were hurting so bad. She grabbed her stomach and made so many faces indicating she was very uncomfortable.

"Oh! You're at 10, are you ready?" The doctor said and two other doctors entered.

"Chris, hold my hand" Alexis said to him and she began sweating immediately.

The doctor placed himself at her far end in a stool and the other doctors stood beside him.

They propped Alexis's legs up and all she could think about was how much this shit was going to hurt.

"I'm aware that you have to push twice as much because you're delivering two babies. Are you ready, Ms's Williams?" The doctor asked

She nodded her head, although she wasn't but she wasn't going to voice that just yet.

"Okay. On the count of three I want you to push your hardest." He directed

"One... two.... three push!" Alexis pushed so hard it felt as if veins were popping out of her head.

"Keep going" The doctor directed

She pushed one of her hardest again and it seemed as if it hurt more the second time.

"It hurts, Chris it hurts!" She said while grabbing his hand. She was damn near in tears already.

"Come on baby you got this, I'm right here." He said while she gripped his hand tighter.

"Push!" She heard the doctor say