Together

Day 4:

I woke up from being asleep on the couch and checked the time, it was 6:13 in the morning and I had to go wake Raniyah up for school.

I must've dozed off while watching my lifetime movie last night.

"Come on, time to get up." I said tapping her. She can sleep pretty hard sometimes.

After a few more taps, she woke up. I directed her to go brush her teeth and wash her face.

While she did that I did the same in my other bathroom. She finished and I gave her her school uniform to put on, I kept on my pajamas and I brushed her hair and we were on our way out.

"Mommy, when is daddy coming home? He been gone for a long time" She said in the back seat.

"He'll be back soon." I said although I wasn't sure myself when he'd be back. We haven't talked yet. But I have to remember who we're talking about here, Chris is very stubborn and he won't reach out to me unless his life depended on it.

After I dropped Raniyah off I went back home so I could sleep in. All I do is sleep now.

Hours later I had woke up and went to go buy me something to eat, I definitely wasn't about to cook.

It feels odd that Chris has been gone for days now but I mean, what ever is what ever.

                               Days Later 

I looked down at my vibrating phone and it was Mick calling.

"Yes?" I answered half sleep.

"His stupid ass still ain't been home yet?!" She yelled in the phone.

"No, Mick. It's been almost two weeks. I thought you knew that." I said with closed eyes.

"I mean I knew he's been gone for 4 days but not damn near two weeks." She said

"Okay Mick. Now you know, now can I go back to sleep?" I said

"Go ahead, I can handle this." She replied back

I didn't know what she meant and I really didn't care at this moment.

Mick Pov
(this is a first)

I had just got off of the phone with Lex and she was telling me that Chris had been gone for not almost 1, but almost 2 weeks.

Now I understand this is their relationship and I shouldn't intervene but Lex is my best friend and I know she's hurt about this and he's sitting in my damn living room with Trey playing the game when he can be fixing this.

"So you're gonna sit here at my house and play the game like you don't have a girl at home that you need to be apologizing to."  I said after I stormed down the stairs.

"Trey you need to tell it to stay in its place."  Chris said to Trey without looking to me.

"This is my place. You're in the wrong and instead of you apologizing you're going to go
forever and ever without ever going back home."

"Shit, I lived with myself before I'll be good."

"That's not the answer I'm looking for. You need to get back home.. this is the most pettiest shit ever." I told him.

"Tell your friend to gimme a call then." He replied

"Why does she have to reach out to you when you were more in the wrong than she was? Why can't you just be the man you're supposed to be and get your girl back?" I finished