If It's Not One Thing

Omniscient

Alexis stood still in front of the gun that Tia had pointed at her. Chris was grinning in Tev's face, not phased by the gun he had pointed at him.

Tia was so focused on Alexis and Tev's back was turned so Alexis's mom had a chance to make her way upstairs.

She went upstairs to warn the kids to not leave the room at all and to check on the twins who were luckily  sound asleep.

While up there, she grabbed her phone that was on her bedroom dresser and called Brian, Alexis's father. He was nothing but a few blocks down, he had gotten a house when he first moved back.

Meanwhile downstairs, everyone was still standing with their guns.

"We could've did this the easy way but your boyfriend always gotta fuck up some shit." Tev said

"You damn right ima fuck up some shit, this right here all mine." Chris said and went closer to Tev. He was so ready to pull the trigger but it would've been kinda difficult to cover up a murder that his mother in law practically witnessed.

"Tev, what do you want me to do with ms. bougie ass over here?" Tia said

"Not a got damn thing, unless you want yo head blown off and his too." Chris said

"Let me do the shooting today." Someone else said. It wasn't Tev, Chris or Tia.

Everybody's head turned towards the direction of the voice and it was Brian. He had a huge machine gun pointed directly at Tia.

"I didn't spend 19 years shootin' at folks for nothing." He said and cocked his gun back

"Take the gun off my daughter or ima put a bullet in yo ass." He said and put the gun to Tia's head.

"Damn, pops packing straight heat!" Chris yelled with a huge smile.

Tia dropped the gun and Tev pointed the gun on Brian.

"I wish you would." Brian said

Alexis grabbed the other gun while Tia wasn't paying attention.

"You outnumbered, might as well put it down, son." Brian said to Tev.

He looked around realizing he had three guns pointed at him and his one.

"I wann—" Tev started

"Ah— put the gun down." Brian said

Right when Tev was contemplating on who he'd shoot, the police showed up. Brian called them on his way here.

Chris quickly put his gun away, not trying to catch no cases and Alexis slid the gun back across the room next to Tia.

Now Tev was the only one with his gun up, besides Brian.

The officer came in and immediately arrested Tev.

"Her too." Brian said and pointed to Tia.

Little did they know, Brian had connect with the officers he called over. They were damn near best friends and they knew that Brian had a concealed carrier permit.

They walked out Tia and Tev and Alexis relaxed on the couch.

"I really should've shot his stupid ass." Chris said while Alexis's mom was coming down the stairs.

"No, you shouldn't have." Alexis said

Shortly after they all talked amongst each other,  Alexis went upstairs to check on her kids. They were safe and sound as expected. Luckily tonight went well! It could've easily went left and ended in a bloody scene.