It Broke

2 months later

I've been 9 months for a week now. The twins are supposed to be here in two more weeks. I'm not ready. I've never been so unprepared for something in my life. If there was an award for being unprepared— I'd get it.

Maybe if I was having one I wouldn't be as worried but since I'm having double, I've been freaking out about it lately. Chris is going to be here to help but what about if he isn't, what if he begins to change when they actually get here. These thoughts have been roaming through my head for two weeks now, but I can't dwell on it— I think I can do this.

"Should we start preparing my bag?" I asked Chris while he showered

"What bag?" He said while I stood at the sink and brushed my teeth.

"Things that the babies and I would need while being at the hospital. I may have to be there for two days and I know I'll need some things."

"What ever your heart desires Lex, I don't know what you'll need." He said and turned the shower off.

He wrapped his towel around his waist and stood next to me and began brushing his teeth.

"I thought you already brushed your teeth." I said to him

"I did, but I wanted to brush them again, problem?" He smiled and looked at me

I rested my head on his back and wrapped my arms around him while he brushed his teeth. He smells so good.

I heard him chuckle, "Whats funny?" I asked with my head still laying on his back.

"Because your stomach poking me in my back."

"I'm so freaking big." I said

"What are we doing today? I'm so bored." I asked

"Baby you know you should do the least since you two weeks away from havin' em."

"Ive been on maternity leave for four weeks. I hadn't really gotten out of the house, Raniyah is usually at school and you always leave me here by myself. So either you stay here with me or you take me with you. I'm not sitting here by myself again." I whined

"Alright alright, wit ya spoiled ass. Ima cancel my plans and stay here with you."

"Yay" I smiled

"Let me go take this drop around the corner and then we can do what ever you want." He said and winked

I replied with okay and went and laid on the bed and watched him get dressed.

"You ready to have the twins?" He said while pulling his sweatpants up

"Crazy you asked because no, I'm not."

"Everything gone be fine, quit worrying. I'll be here." He said and kissed my forehead.

He left out and shortly after my father had called me. Our relationship has gotten stronger over these few months.

"Hello"

"Hey honey." He said

"Hey pops." I answered 

"How's everything goin? When is your due date?" He asked

"In two weeks, March 22nd."