With Them

Read note at the end pls and comment. ❤️ This chapter is short, beware. 😕

Middle of the morning

I was tossing and turning next to Chris and I could've sworn I heard crying. I did a little more tossing and turning before I woke up.

I was right, it was crying. I'm not used to this just yet. I walked into the babies room and Jeremiah was crying his little lungs out.

"Aw, baby." I said and held him in my arms.

Chris and I thought to put a mini fridge and a bottle warmer inside of their room for times like this. I grabbed the bottle out of the refrigerator and placed it inside the bottle warmer. When it warmed up, I sat in the chair placed on the side of their cribs and fed him. I felt myself dozing off and I jumped back up.

I looked at Jeremiah while he finished the rest of his bottle.

"My babies are so adorable." I said while I examined his face. He just looked at me with his cute little eyes.

I put his bottle on the dresser and burped him. When he finally let out a burp, I grabbed his pacifier while rocking him until he fell asleep.
Literally the moment I laid him down, Amiyah awaken. She didn't cry but she woke up.

I glanced at the time on the clock that we had on the dresser and it read 4 AM. It's about time for her to eat as well, her and Jeremiah are both on the same accord. I warmed her bottle up and picked her up once it was warm.

"Hey baby" I said while holding her. She just looked me in my face while I fed her. Of course she wasn't going to say anything.

I felt myself dozing off while I sat in the same chair and fed her, I was so damn tired. These past few days I hadn't gotten the proper rest, which is expected.

What seemed like 5 minutes later, I felt someone grab Amiyah out of my arms. I jumped up only to realize it was Chris placing Amiyah back inside her crib.

"Is she asleep?" I asked

"Yeah." He answered

"Did you burp her?" I asked while stretching.

"She burped on her own." He said walking out the room. I double checked on them before walking out myself. I set an alarm for me to get back up in another three hours to check on them. Off to sleep I go .. for now.

                         Next morning

After I had made everyone breakfast, I went and checked on Amiyah and Jeremiah who had both still been sleeping. Right when I walked out the room Amiyah had awaken.

"There's my pretty baby." I said and immediately picked her up.

"Mommy, can I hold her?" Raniyah asked getting up from the table.

"You can when you get home from school, baby. You're going to be late." I said to her.

Chris put on his shoes and grabbed his keys.

"I love you. Have a good day big girl." I said and kissed her forehead.

"Okay mommy." She said and followed Chris outside. I sat on the couch, with the baby monitor right next to me and Amiyah in my arms.

*Knock, Knock* I heard at the door

Who could possibly be stopping by unannounced? I went to the door and opened it, with Amiyah in one arm.