Chapter 47 : Let Go

ERICK'S POV

I give my punching bag a break, after two hours and pick my phone up to check my notifications.

3 missed calls, 5 texts from Angela.

Angela : What am I supposed to wear?

Angela : ???????

Angela : Did you die????

Angela : Why do I hear loud thuds from your house?

Angela : Are you trying to break your walls? Text me and don't die, please.

I roll my eyes and reply,

Me : Wear anything that doesn't make you look worse than you already do. 😑

Angela : Rude. Why do you sound so pissed? Are you okay?

Me : I'm not pissed. I'm fine.

Angela : Yeah, sure. I'm coming over in 20 seconds and if you're not okay, you're screwed.

Me : I'm not answering the door.

Angela : 20 seconds.

She stops texting me and I go back to beating the hell out of my punching bag. I hate Jacob, I hate that Alexandra isn't mine anymore, I hate everything.

I slam my fists into the punching bag repeatedly and breathe heavily. I'm in the basement, mom's at work and there's nobody to stop me from punching anything at all.

"I gave you twenty seconds and you're definitely not okay." Angela says behind me.

Or not.

"How the-" Hit. "Actual heck-" Hit. Hit. Hit. "Did you-" Hit. Hit. "Get in here?"

"Well, you see," She walks and stands behind the punching bag and holds onto it, "You're a hypocrite and you left your window open."

"Move." I spit.

"No."

"Move."

"No."

"I SAID, MOVE." I scream and she shudders slightly.

"Damn, calm down, Erick." She walks over and stands between me and the punching bag. I can see slight fear in her eyes, but it vanishes, in a few seconds.

"You're afraid, aren't you?" I ask, looking straight into her green eyes that are inches away.

"Not really, I don't think that you'll hurt me."

"You don't even know me, sweetheart." I roll my eyes.

"But I know that you wouldn't hurt me."

She's right, I wouldn't because I can't hurt her. I don't know why.

I don't say anything and turn around to face the wall.