Chapter 1

It's the summer of their Senior year in high school. The pair, Shawn and Jenna have been together since the middle of their sophomore year. The two are spending a lazy Friday night watching a movie in Shawn's basement. Occasionally Shawn's mom comes down to "check on laundry."

Jenna sits across the couch with her legs across Shawn's lap with a bowl of popcorn in her own. The two tossing popcorn into their mouths simultaneously.

"Hi Mrs. Rhosen," Jenna smiles, hearing the woman come down the basement steps, "checking on laundry" every five minutes it seems.

"Hand check," Shawn's mom smiles, walking behind the couch and to the small utility room.

Rolling his eyes, Shawn lifts his hands in the air, Jenna doing the same. "Mom, you don't have to come down here every two minutes," he groans.

"You're a teenage boy, yes I do," she smirks. "And thank you."

"Yeah hand check," Jenna nudges Shawn, a smile flashing across her lips.

"Don't encourage her," Shawn mumbles. His mom making one more observation before walking back upstairs.

Jenna slouches back down the couch and rests her head on his shoulder. "She does know you've had sex right?"

Shawn smirks. "Don't make me laugh."

"Seriously? She's like the hand's police."

"Yeah I know," he grins, kissing her cheek only to be intercepted by Jenna who grabs his chin, holding his face and kissing him deeply.

Shawn's mom coming down once again, catching them with their lips locked. She clears her throat.

"Hi again Mrs. Rhosen," Jenna says sweetly.

"This is why I check on you two."

Shawn chuckles as she walks back up the steps.

"What's so funny?" Jenna asks.

"My mom," he chuckles again.

"Hardly. She probably hates me now."

"Okay," Shawn rolls his eyes, rubbing her calf. "You know that's far from the truth."

"Stop," she pulls her leg back.

"What?"

"Stop. You know she's going to come back."

"All I'm doing is rubbing your leg," Shawn grins.

"Mhm. Your mom wants your hands visible and off me."

"I can't help it though," he playfully pouts. The movie ending. "Alright, you better get home. I'll walk you out," he says as they walk up the basement steps. "I'm going to walk Jenna out to her car. I'll be back," he informs his mom.

His mom nods, the two walking out. "I told you she hates me."

"She doesn't hate you."

"Did you see the look she gave me?"

"You better get home, or your mom will be calling my mom," he says, ignoring the comment.

"Yeah yeah," she leans up and plants her lips on his.

"I love you," Shawn pulls away. "Be careful and text me when you get home."

"I love you too," she nods getting in her car and driving away.

"I don't want grandkids Shawn," his mother scolds the moment he steps back inside.

He rolls his eyes. "Mom I'm not giving you grandkids. Jenna and I haven't done anything."

"Of course not dear," she pats his shoulder. "Sex is a very---."

"--Mom," he shakes his head. "I know how sex works. I don't need the talk," he chuckles.

"I just don't want my baby growing up quicker than he needs too."

"Yeah," he nods. "I know. I'm heading to bed," he kisses her cheek. "Night mom."

His mom nods. "Maybe it just be best if you and Jenna hang out up here from now on? It'll put my mind at ease."

"Okay mom," Shawn sighs.

"Night Shawn," his mom smiles right as he gets a text from Jenna.

"Hey mom," he stops. "Mack," Jenna's brother, "wants me to stay."

His mom sighs once again, "Shawn you know how I feel about you staying there."

"Jenna's going back to Candace's house evidently. Please mom?"

"Fine, but home by lunch."

"Okay thank you."