35

DONT PLAY SONG YET

Grayson's POV

Today is the day.

I finally get out of this shit hole and I'll be able to restart my life with Emari. I hope she's waiting for me like I am for her. It's been over a year since I had last seen her and I feel as if I was going crazy.

"Dolan! Get your shit together and follow me." The guard yelled breaking me from my thoughts. I nodded once gathering only the few things I was left with that being my clothes I came in with.

We walked through the long walkway passing other prisoners earning cat calls and whistles.

"Hey baby where you goin?"

"Take me with you!"

"Where you goin pretty thing?"

I cringed at the their words and threw my middle finger up at all of them as I passed their cell. I could have skipped my way through the walkway passing each cell with a large smile on my face.

But I didn't. I didn't want to exploit my emotions because every time I feel happy something drags me down leaving me with nothing.

Nothing better fuck up.

Once I walked through the doors to the front entrance I was shocked to say the least when I saw my mother standing at the window talking with the clerk.

She seemed, stressed. I don't know why she would be here considering the last time we talked I was kicked out. I walked slowly towards her holding my bag of clothes tightly in my arms.

Her attention averted towards me and her hand covered her mouth as she was as shocked as I was. I noticed tears began to run down her face causing black streams to flow down her cheeks from the amount of mascara she had on.

She walked quickly towards me stopping a foot away and studied me. Her hand covering her mouth but her eyes held sorrow.

She's hiding something.

"Mom?" I asked after a few seconds of us staring at each other. Her dull light brown eyes met mine and that's when I knew something was up. "What's going on? Why are you here?" I asked maybe a bit to harshly.

She took in a deep breath struggling to find the words to say. "Baby... why don't I explain everything in the car." She said as she held her hand out for me to grab.

I grabbed it gently and we walked outside after signing the last bit of my release papers. We got to her car and I jumped right in as she hesitated for a moment before opening her door and slowly climbing inside.

She rested her hand on my cheek as she gave a small smile and rubbed her thumb across the apple of my cheek. "No matter what Gray I love you so much, as does your father."

I nodded my head for her to continue and a single tear fell from her eyes. "It's about your dad Gray." My breathing hitched as I was to scared to do anything. No matter what happened between my parents and I, I still loved them with everything I had left.

"What's wrong with dad?" I asked barely above a whisper. She got choked up before saying the thing I never wanted to hear. "He has cancer."

As if things couldn't get worse. "Are you fucking serious? He's gonna get better though right? He can fight through this. He's like the strongest person I know. I'm so sorry mom." I said as I pulled her into a tight hug.