34

Don't play song yet!

Emari's POV

After a few hours of sobbing in the alley I finally gained enough strength to start my way home. I felt a slight drizzle of rain fall on my arm making me groan out of annoyance. With that rain picking up it was kinda hard to try to figure out where I was.

The road was dark with a single street light in the middle of the road. All you could see was streams of rain falling into the lights view. This area looked completely foreign to me leaving me wandering, alone, at night.

Perfect.

I came upon a small convenient store but it looked as if it belonged in a horror film. I walked a little quicker past it completely forgetting the pain I felt amongst my body. I couldn't wait I to have a hot shower and be able to go to bed and completely forget everything that happened.

And what's the best way to forget things? Alcohol. And more alcohol.

And more.

As I kept walking down the road I realized how insane I must look. I had my small crop baggy shirt on with my shirt shorts with white long socks on my feet. I never was able to find my shoes so here I am walking barefoot. Then of course we have the blood all over me from the man I left in the abandoned motel.

I heard tires screech making my body freeze instantly. The car pulled to the side of the road and I heard the car door slam shut. Without hesitating k began to ran as fast as I could the opposite direction.

"Wait Stop Emari!" The voice shouted I came to a pause as the voice sounded all to familiar.

Lisa.

I slowly turned her way only to be met with her standing frightened as she took in my appearance. "Baby wh-what happened to you?" She asked getting choked up. I walked slowly to her tears beginning to brim as the incident from the night replayed in my head.

"Em sweetie please te-tell me what hap-happened?" She trembled along her words. "I-I He ra-raped me I-I tried to st-stop him but I en-ended up kil-killing him." I stuttered my words. My hands were shaking and my legs were becoming weak as this was the first time I was actually saying this out loud.

Lisa's hand covered her mouth in shock as she walked me to her car. "I'm gonna take you to the hospital Emari you need to get looked at." "No! No no no please no hospital I can't take repeating everything over and over again. I can't take this anymore Lisa it's killing me." I sobbed letting everything go. "Please can you just take me home? I-I just wanna be home." I whispered but still sobbed as I buried my face into my hands.

As we sat in the car Lisa wrapped her arms around me pulling me into a tight hug. I tensed a little knowing Lisa wouldn't hurt me but it was out of instinct. She pulled away not wanting me to be uncomfortable.

"Emari you need to talk to the police about this. You can't just live on as if nothing happened." She said while a few tears sneaked their way out.

I nodded as a way to let her know I knew. But I just couldn't bare to relive that moment I for sure was not ready to do that. "Lisa I understand want you want me to do and it's the right thing and all but I just can't this moment. I can't sit in an office for hours talking about what happened. So I beg you just please take me home."

She looked at me for a moment as we stopped at a red lightly and eventually nodded her head. "Did you know the man?" She asked as she began to drive when the light turned green. I shook my head no while I crossed my arms over my body.

"No but apparently he knows Grayson." I mumbled out but she still was able to hear me. She hit the brakes and looked at me with a shocked expression. "He KNOWS Grayson?" She asked with a hint of anger. I nodded my head once again and continued to stare ahead of me.