8

Emari's POV
I left the hair salon feeling refreshed and excited to show Grayson my new hair. I pulled into our apartment complex's parking garage and hurried into the elevator. Once I reached our floor I put the key in and unlocked the door entering the vacant apartment. I let out a sigh knowing Grayson wasn't here yet.

I trotted upstairs only to find the most beautiful dress laid out in the bed with a small note with my name on it.

Emari Abella Bergere

I bought this dress for you to wear tonight hoping it matches your nail color and everything. I made reservationsh at the La Luce tonight at 8pm. Meet me there tonight for the surprises are not over with yet baby girl. I love you so very much and I will see you soon.
PS. Ethan says hey too;)
Love always,
Gray

I couldn't stop smiling at the note and danced around like a little kid in Christmas morning. I picked the dress up and pulled the plastic wrap off of it and my jaw dropped.

I looked at the time for it to only be 5:15pm. I figured I would take a nice relaxing bath with rose petals and a glass of red wine. I lite a couple of candles and turned the bathroom lights off and settled into the relaxing water. I grabbed my phone and connected my Bluetooth to my speaker and shuffled my music hearing Faded by Alan Walker. I closed my eyes and relaxed to the steady music.

After a while in the tub I figured it was a good time to get out and start getting ready for my date with Grayson. I fiddled through my closet trying to find my nude heels to wear with my dress. "AHAAA!!!!" I yelled as I finally found the other matching heel. I laughed to myself when I realized how ridiculous I must sound.

I grabbed the dress and put it on. I looked in the mirror and fell in love. The dress hugged my curves perfectly and showed a well amount of skin. I felt sexy and beautiful. For the first time without hearing Grayson tell me how beautiful I looked, I felt it myself. I twirled around watching the bottom of the dress flow out. I sat in front of my mirror and decided to do extra makeup for tonight considering it was some kind of special occasion.

I did my foundation, powder, contour, highlight, and worked some magic to my eyes and topped it off with maroon lipstick. When I was finished I was pleased with how it all came out.

I took my hair out of my bun and let my big waves fall down. I took my straightener and curled a couple parts that needed more volume. After I finished my hair and makeup I looked at the clock and realized t was already 7:15pm. I gasped not realizing how long I actually took to get ready. I threw my heels on and grabbed my purse, keys, and cell phone.

After I locked the door I made my way down to the garage. I got the the car and put in the directions to the restaurant. It was gonna take me 45mins to get there so I should get there right in time. I decided to avoid the highway considering there would be massive traffic so I took the backroads.

After driving for about 30mins I came upon a horrific train accident. They had the road closed so I couldn't get through. The car was completely unrecognizable as it was smashed to pieces. I looked towards the ambulance seeing a body covered with a sheet being loaded into the back. I put my hand over my mouth sitting in complete shock looking at the scene before me.

Soon a cop tapped on my windshield a couple of times indicating me to roll the window down. I do as told and lightly smile at him. "We're having everyone turn around and head back to the highway due to this accident. Sorry for the inconvenience ma'am." He said sounding worn out. "Uh-Uh it's no problem sir, what happened may I ask?" He looked down for a moment before meeting back with my eyes. His full of sorrow and pain while mine filled with curiosity and hope for the people to be alright. "We don't have identification on the two males who were driving, but they were pretty badly injured. One didn't make it he was DOA, while the other was passed out severely injured. We're not sure if he will make it either. But the railings weren't operating at the time the train was passing through which caused the young men to not be able to stop, plus considering it's dark out here and no light for miles it was just a horrific accident." He looked down shaking his head.

I looked down in disbelief shaking my head at how sad the situation was. "You said there was no identification on the two boys?" I asked curious. He shook his head no and proceeded to tell me I had to turn around. I nodded and told him to try to have a good rest of the night as I turned my car around. My heart aches for the boys family. I couldn't imagine being put in that situation. I figured I would call Grayson to let him know I would be late to dinner.

I called his cell only for it to go straight to voicemail. I looked at my phone confused and called again. Again. No straight to voicemail. I shook it off and tried to call Ethan. His went to voicemail as well. I tossed my phone to the passenger side of the car and decided to explain to Grayson what happened when I got to the restaurant. After speeding like a maniac I made it to the restaurant 30mins late. I ran inside and gave my name to the lady. She looked at the list only to purse her lips together.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Dolan, we waited as long as we could but no one showed up so we had to give your table away." She said sincerely. I looked at her confused. Not bothered by the name she used but by the face Grayson didn't show up. "I'm sorry did a Grayson Dolan not show up tonight? He was the one who made the reservation." I asked fiddling with my fingers as my anxiousness began to rise. She looked again and shook her head no.

My heart sunk out of my chest. I thanked her and apologized for wasting her time as I made my way back to the car. I looked over by the ocean and took my heels off leaving them as well as my phone in the car. I walked onto the beach crossing my arms together thinking about why Grayson would stand me up like that.

I felt a tear fall down my cheek as I used the back of my hand to wipe it away. After walking for a while I came upon a small setup on the beach that had white lights hung around the post and candles lite up in the table. Pillows were placed on the ground with a white sheet underneath them. I smiled to myself and walked over to the area to observe it better. Whoever put this together should be an interior designer. I smiled to myself.

I made my way back to my car and noticed my phone was blowing up. I looked at my messages and noticed Lisa and Sean (Grayson and Ethan's parents obviously lol) called me numerous times and messaged me. I immediately listened to Lisa's voicemail and what I heard next made my heart feel as if it was ripped out of my chest and stomped in the cold earth beneath my feet.