4

(A/N: Can we just take a moment and appreciate this photo of Gray and some weird Seaman in the background.)

Grayson's Pov
While Emari and I are laying on our shared bed watching Pineapple Express, I glance over and take in her appearance. She doesn't notice me staring as her eyes are glued to the TV and her body is snuggled into me as our legs intertwine.

I changed into some black adidas joggers and went shirtless while she changed into my white doggystyle hoodie and a pair of my boxers. She always liked wearing my boxers more than her own shorts but I never cared. She always looked beautiful in whatever she wore. She already stripped herself of the makeup she had on, but I never thought she needed it. I always told her she didn't need makeup to look beautiful. She would always deny and her cheeks would turn a cute light pink color and then hide her face.

We were fourteen when we met in high school. I never thought we would be where we are now, cuddled in the same bed with each other, going to the same college, being lovers. I took in her facial features, her cute little dimples in her cheeks when she laughed and smiled at the TV, the little freckle on her upper lip, her beautiful Forrest green eyes with a hint of gold in the center of them, and her little button nose that would wrinkle up when she would cringe or laugh. She was honestly perfect. The most perfect human to ever walk this planet. I don't know what I would do without her. She helped me with everything. I didn't have the best past while growing up.

Before me and Emari got together I got in with the wrong crowd. I wanted to make extra money and I couldn't get a job considering I was fourteen so I sold drugs. Mostly marijuana, but I also sold pills a couple times as well. Before I got to deep in the business Emari knocked some sense into, literally. When she saw me behind the school handing some kids a couple blunts she came up to me and punched me. Square in the face. I'll admit, I had a bloody nose and purple eye for a few days. She screamed and yelled at me if I ever did it again she would beat me to a pulp. I knew what I was doing was bad. That's also the day I feel in love with her and a month later we were dating.

I smiled at the thought and that's when she turned to face me. "What are you smiling at you weirdo?" She asked raising and eyebrow. I giggled at her response and said it was nothing. "Gray come on what is it." As she sat up sitting on her knees with her hair going everywhere. God she beautiful. I grabbed her waist and laid her on my stomach. She rested her arms on my chested and laid her chin on the back of her hands looking up at me with her mesmerizing eyes. Which were more golden than usual. "I was thinking about how you saved me in high school and made me a better me, and also the happiest person in the entire world." I said grinning from her to ear while caressing her cheek. She rested her the side of her face in my hand and closed her eyes while smiling foolishly. "You're such a cliche Grayson Dolan." I smiled back at her while blushing. "You're also really cute when you blush, I love the affect I have on you." I rested my arms along her back and rubbed gently in a relaxing way.

She sighed and rested her head on my chest. "I love listening to your heartbeat, it's my favorite melody." I felt her lips curve upward as she snuggled more into me. I hugged her tightly needing her body closer to mine, as if it were possible. I swear to god I'm marrying this girl some day. A thought crossed my mind. What's stopping me? We're perfect right now. Everything is as perfect as it could be. I want to propose to her. I want to make her mine. I want her to steal my last name. I want to wake up to her messy bed head in the morning while she snuggles into me. I want to show her off to the world letting them know she's my wife. I've never been so ready to dedicate my heart to someone as I am now. I just wish I could ask her parents for permission. I felt myself become saddened at the thought of her parents not attending the wedding. I think she could tell the change of my emotion as she rose her head back up.

"Gray baby are you ok?" She asked as she stroked my face with her velvety hands. I smiled and nodded my head. "Just thinking is all how could you tell?" She smiled lightly, "your heartbeat rhythm changed." I smiled at her response on how close she paid attention. "Thinking about what?" She asked as she tilted her head to the side. God damn she's adorable. "Honestly.... about your parentsss.." I trailed off waiting for her reaction. She took in a deep breath and nodded her head. I knew her parents is a hard topic for her to talk about. I met them when I turned sixteen and they were great. They took me in as if I was already there son in law. A couple weeks later they took a flight to Australia to celebrate their anniversary, but the planes engine failed and the plane crashed in the ocean. There were no survivors.

"Babe I'm sorry I shouldn't have brought it up, I'm so sorry." As I ran my hand through her hair. " Gray it's fine it's been years it shouldn't bother me as much but it does still, they were the only people I had left in my family and now they're gone." I saw a tear run down her face, I took my thumb and rubbed it away. I felt terrible for bringing the bad memories back. I brought her face closer to mine and connected my lips to hers. She tasted sweet, like vanilla and honey. She smiled into the kiss which made me do so as well.

We rested our foreheads against one another. "I love you so much baby girl, let me show you." I smiled as I flipped her around and kissed her passionately. She giggled in between kisses. "Ok." She said sweetly while looking deep into my eyes. With that we ended our night cuddled into each other's arms.