12

"Grayson?"
My voice trembled with fear.
"Gray!"
I started to yell out of fear losing yet another person I love.
"GRAYSON! Gray! Let me go! GRAYYY!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as the nurses rushed in and began pulling me out of the room.

I kicked and thrashed doing everything I could to get out of their hold. Doctors came pouring into Grayson's room ripping his hospital gown from his chest and laid him flat in the bed.
One doctor had the defibrillator paddles in his hands and placed them to Grayson's chest.

"Clear!" he yelled and everyone's hands were removed from Grayson.

I looked back at his monitor to see nothing happening.

With every shock they placed on Grayson a wave of numbness took over my body. My legs became to weak to stand anymore and I was slowly falling to the cold hard floor. The nurses still had their grip on my arms as the slowly feel to the floor with me. One nurse had embraced me in a hug whispering sweet nothings in my ear.

I was to distressed to listen to anything she was telling me.

One doctor rushed out of Grayson's room and ran down the hall.I immediately stood from the ground knocking the nurses from holding me back and stood in his room witnessing the aftermath of what just happened.

He looked as if he was gone. He was gone.

The sweet pink color was drained from his face, dark circles laid under his eyes mixed with the deep purple bruises. Red burn marks covered his chest from where they shocked him.

I looked at another doctor in the room where he was shining a light in Grayson's eyes checking for a reflex .

He gave me a worried look realizing I had come back into the room. "His Brain started bleeding again and is swelling causing pressure to build, if we don't act now he may become brain dead." He explained to me as if he's acting for permission to take him.

"Please, please do whatever you need to do to save him. Pl-please." I said as my voice shook from my nerves being shot.

He gave me a reassuring smile as him and a couple of other nurses took him out of the room making their way down the hall.

"Wait!" I yelled as I ran towards them.

I caught up to them and I looked at the doctor asking for permission with my eyes. He nodded his head saying it had to be quick.

I cupped my hands to Grayson's face and placed my forehead against his. "Please come back to me Gray, don't leave me. I love you so fucking much." I said while hot tears ran down my already tear stained cheeks. I rubbed my thumbs along his cuts on his face and kissed his forehead.

I slowly walked away from the bed allowing them to take him to the operating room. I watched as they disappeared through the doors . I stood frozen in place as the only person I have left, life was in the hands on the doctors now.

My eyes grew wide once I realized Sean and Lisa had no idea what happened. I ran back towards my room and grabbed my cell phone which was now dead. I groaned in annoyance android forgot I had the hospital phone. I quickly dialed Lisa's number and she answered tiredly. I explained what was happening and she fell into a fit of tears. She quickly hung up after yelling to Sean the had to get back to the hospital.

Hours.

Hours we sat in the waiting room waiting to hear about what was happening with Grayson. No one ever came to update us on how he was doing. I bothered the receptionist numerous times about when he will be out. She would simply give me a hard glare and roll her eyes every time I walked up to her desk. I didn't care though.

While we waited I began to think of all the good times me and Grayson had together. From going to all the homecoming's, prom's, his football games, my softball games. Everything. When he had a game I would wear either his home or away jersey while he wore the opposite. Whenever I had a game he would wear one of my practice shirts with the sleeves being cut off. Typical Grayson. I smiled to myself.

I remembered when he asked me to prom our senior year. I had a softball game that night. It was the state championship game against our biggest rival. I didn't think Grayson was there cause he said he had wrestling match. We won the game that night and Grayson came out wearing one of my softball uniforms: cleats, my uniform shirt that was clearly to small for him where it showed his stomach and part of his v-line, my softball pants that hugged his ass perfectly, and long blue socks that supported our school colors. He had a huge bouquet of flowers in his hand and my team was behind him holding a banner that read: I may strike out but I'm taking a hit asking you to be my ballin date to prom?

It was very cheesy. But it's Grayson and I loved everything about the way he asked. I giggled to myself and wiped a couple tears from my face not realizing I was crying.

"Family of Grayson Dolan?" The doctor asked whipping me out of my thoughts. Sean, Lisa and I stood abruptly walking over to the doctor. "A vessel burst inside of his brain which caused the brain to bleed more. We did stop the brain bleed but he's still not out of the woods yet. We are going to monitor his very closely to make sure nothing like this happens again." He explained with a small smile on his face. Sean and Lisa looked to each other with relief. They then engulfed each other in a huge hug swaying from side to side.

"When will he wake up?" I asked out of curiosity. He looked down then back up with sad eyes.

"We're not sure if he's ever going to wake up."