32

Emari's POV
Was I really about to do this?

I thought to myself as I walked slowly towards the prison. I never thought about seeing Grayson again. I haven't seen him in a couple years since that day. I wondered if he would even remember me.

Did I want to put myself through this again?

As I reached the front doors that led me to the entrance I began to hesitate. My hand extended towards the door handle only to bring it back. I closed my eyes and took a big breath in.

"Stop being a little bitch Emari and just open the fucking door." I said to myself. I once again reached for the door handle and turned it ever so slightly. After a minute of second guessing I finally opened the door and stepped inside causing the receptionist to look up at me.

I gave a small smile and walked towards the front desk. "How can I help you?" She asked while she fumbled with some papers. "I'm here for visitation with Grayson Dolan." I said barely above a whisper. Her eyes went wide and she froze in her place slowly bringing her gaze to mine.

"I'm sorry you said Grayson Dolan?" She asked in a harsh tone.

What the fuck?

I scrunched my eyebrows together as I gave her a dumbfounded look. "That is what I said isn't it?" I asked her returning a harsh tone. She snickered a bit as she rolled her way to the phone. I couldn't make out what she was saying but I could tell she wasn't happy with the fact I was here to see Grayson.

Why is it any of her business anyway? Does Grayson even get visitors? Is he that bad to where everyone knows his name?

I was broken from my thoughts when a clipboard was slammed on the front counter causing me to jump slightly. "Sign in and an officer will take you back to see him got it?" She asked rudely.

"Yeah I fucking get it." I mumbled snatching the clipboard from her. After I signed my name I slammed it back down in front of her. She looked at me trying to intimidate me but it wasn't doing any justice. I walked to the waiting area and took a seat as I nervously bounced my leg up and down.

I dug inside my bag to grab my "water bottle" and took a long swing of the "water". I quickly threw a piece of gum in my mouth to hide the smell. The room was quite small and had a dull white covering the walls. It seemed more of a mental institute rather than a prison.

"Emari Bergere?" I heard a deep voice call my name. I sat up slowly as I made my way towards him. He looked me up and down until he turned and began walking.

Fucking creep.

"Hold your arms out and face the wall." I was confused at first then understood it was procedure. He began to pat me down starting from top to bottom. I noticed his hands lingered mostly towards my lower region longer that they should have. I quickly turned around giving him a look of disgust. "I suggest you back the fuck off." I scolded him. He just stood with a look of satisfaction.

"Right this way miss Bergere." He said as he began to walk towards the visitation room. Butterflies began to erupt in my stomach causing my breathing to pick up.

He opened the door and there he was. He looked worn out and held dark circles under his eyes. He looked as if he had been beaten but the bruises were healing. His eyes were red from the lack of sleep he had and the left side of his face held yellowish bruises. His hair was messy and sprawled in all different directions.