28

***2 years later

Emari's POV

I grabbed the bottle of Jose Cuervo from the counter that was still half full and brought the warm substance to my parted lips. The liquid immediately burning my throat but I still continued to chug it. After I drank almost the whole bottle I dropped it next to me letting it roll towards the fridge.

Everything seems so fucked. I quit college. I stopped talking to Grayson. I stopped talking to Grayson's parents. I pushed Mark away even though he tried so hard to help me. I stay in my new apartment now, which is a hell of a lot more unpalatable. But I was able to afford it.

I worked at a local gas station full time and on the night shifts to help pay my bills. Alcohol became my best friend since I was lost everything that mattered to me. It helped me cope with the loss.

I slowly stumbled to my feet taking my time as I walked over to my panty. The door creaked open as I pulled the string down causing the light to spark a bit before shining a dim yellow color inside the pantry. Normal people usually keep food and supplies in here while mine is stocked with bottles upon bottles of alcohol. From the liquor that's strong to the weak shit such as wine. But that's when I was on a budget.

I grabbed a different bottle this time. This time it was just UV blue raspberry vodka. I turned the top hearing the cracking of the lid separating from the bottle. I grabbed a glass from the second shelf putting some ice in it and pouring the blue liquid straight into the glass not bothering to mix it.

I gulped it down rather quickly and poured some more into it. I took my glass along with the bottle and walked sloppily towards the maroon stained couch. I sat on the end of it setting the bottle on the small table. My mind wandered drunkenly back to the day that brought me to this point.

Flashback:

"I think I love you Emari?"

I remained silent but on the inside I was...

Angry? I was angry we had to be in this situation for him to just now tell me. I was angry we haven't seen each other in months and whenever we did see each other it always needed in nasty arguments.

I chuckled manically at his words earning a look of confusion from him. I laughed harder and harder gripping my aching stomach. Tears were running down my face at this point as my laughing continued.

"What do you find so funny Em?" He asked whilst gripping my hand. I stopped laughing immediately removing my hand from his.

"Wow. You even used the old nickname." I said sarcastically. His eyebrows furrowed but then brought his head down. "I'm sorry for everything, I truly am. I want to start fresh with you Em, I-" I stopped him by holding my finger up insisting he shut the fuck up.

"You're telling me, that you want to restart everything? And how do you propose we fucking do that Grayson? YOU DON'T  EVEN REMEMBER HOW WE LEFT OFF!"  I screamed at him causing my face to heat up.

He bowed his head shamefully and rubbed the nape of his neck. "Don't you think I don't know that? I'm sitting here, willing to try Emari I want to try. For the past few months you have been stuck in my head. When I wake up, when I go to bed, when I'm sitting in the office, when I'm about to make a deal, ALL THE FUCKING TIME EMARI!" He yelled back at me standing from his chair. Still going on and on but I was no longer listening anymore.

He paced in the room which I noticed he does a lot when he's stressed. I looked at him closely noticing how much he had changed. His arms and hands now fully tattooed, the lip and nose piercing that was placed on his face followed by the 'damaged' tattooed above his eyebrow.