13

2 Weeks Later

It's been a hell of a couple weeks. Without Grayson being present in my life I realize how much I truly need him. I'll always need his kind words he would whisper to me when we first wake up in the morning. The way he would make us pancakes with assorted fruit. The small adventures we would go on cause we were bored.

I just miss him.

And I miss Ethan. God do I miss him. I wish he was here right now to keep me company. He was always the best shoulder to lean on. Lisa and Sean still haven't had a funeral because they want to wait until Grayson wakes up.

If he wakes up.

I keep a positive mind though. I know Grayson will wake up one day. He's the strongest and most stubborn person I know.

I also try to be there for Lisa and Sean but I feel as if they keep pushing me away. As if it's my fault their sons got into an accident and lost one.

But maybe it is my fault.

I can't help but to feel everything is my fault. Life never allowed me to be happy with anything. When I met Grayson I just felt maybe life wants me to be happy. Then I also thought or another relationship to fuck up. But he ended up saving me and I saved him. We're perfect for each other. I sat in a spare chair from across his bed staring at him. His bruises were now a deep yellow color across his face and body. They put him on antibiotics since he was running a fever for the past two days.

I walked over to his window and stared amongst the cloudy sky. I looked down towards a nearby park and saw kids running and playing while their parents chased them. I smiled at the thought of me and Grayson having children. I feel maybe one day we could be that perfect little family. I looked back towards Grayson and smiled. I knew he would be a great dad someday. The way he plays with his little cousins is the cutest thing to witness.

Kids love Grayson. And Grayson loves kids. I grabbed his hand and rubbed my thumb in circles. His hand was as cold as ice so I used my other hand to clamp over his to try to warm them up, as if he would notice.

Someone cleared their throat as I looked towards the doorway noticing Lisa standing with her arms crossed glaring towards me and Grayson.
"Hello Lisa." I gave a small smiled and stood to go hug her. She shrugged past me and sat in my seat next to Grayson. My heart broke a little more at her actions.

"D-did I do something Lisa?" I asked the hurt evident in my voice. "Did you do something Lisa?" She asked taken back from the question I asked. I nodded my head still standing by the door. "Not at all dear." She said not looking my way. I let out a sigh as I made my way towards her then she started talking again.

"You're just the reason why Ethan is dead and Grayson is fighting for his life, or might as well be dead. I lost two of my sons because of you! I LOST BOTH OF MY BOYS BECAUSE OF YOU!" She screamed at me now standing up from the chair.

I couldn't speak. Or cry. I couldn't do anything. I was to shocked and devastated by her words.

"I-I didn't do anything Lisa." My voice trembled.

She walked over to me and back handed my face making me fall to the ground. A couple tears flowed down my face as I held my hot cheek. She got down to my level and told me she never wanted to see me in Grayson's room again and if she did she would call security.

I shook my head repeatedly begging her not to do this.

"I don't understand why Grayson would want to marry someone who killed his own brother and almost killed him as well! He made a mistake when he started dating you! All you've done was cause trouble to our family. I want you gone NOW!" Lisa yelled loudly to me pacing the room whilst pointing towards the door.

I laid still on the ground not being able to move a single ounce of my body.

As she began to walk towards me I tried to move away from her. I've never seen Lisa like this and it honestly scared me.

She reached to where I was and grabbed a handful of my hair and yanked me towards the door of Grayson's room. I yelled in pain once I was in the hallway and that's when two nurses came running towards us.

Now you fucking come.

I thought to myself.

The nurses held Lisa back from attacking me any further and called security on her. One of the nurses came by my side asking if I was ok.
"Maybe I should just leave." I said in almost a whisper. "Don't you dare leave him in there. If you truly love him then you'll stay and be the first person he sees when he wakes up. I understand that's his mother but she had no right to blame you for everything the way she did. I wouldn't stress it to much considering she lost one son." She spoke to me.

I thought about what she said and ended up staying. I hugged Grayson's torso making sure to be careful not to hurt him even though he was unconscious.

"Grayson I need you to come back to me, I can't do this much longer." I whispered hiding my face on his stomach letting the tears roll.

I thought I felt him move but I just ignored it still embracing him in my arms. I rubbed his arms up and down in a comforting way.

I then looked up to his face to see his eyelids twitching. I quirked an eyebrow upwards confused by his actions. I looked down to his hands and saw his fingers trying to bend.

My eyes grew wide as I ran out of the room getting a nurse.

She ran in behind me and began to monitor Grayson's movements. I grasped his hand tightly and asked him to squeeze it. Of course nothing happened. The nurse had a small frown on her face and went to walk away until she noticed his leg twitch.

Before I knew it she ran to get the doctor to see what was going on.

"Gray baby it's me Emari. Can you open your eyes please?" I asked stroking his face.

His eyes opened slightly but still squinting as he adjusted to the light in the room. I couldn't contain my excitement as I pressed my lips against his cold chapped ones.

He grunted once and I immediately pulled away. His face looked confused but amused at the same time. "Grayson how are you feeling?" I asked as I waited by the door for a doctor to come in.

"Wh-who the fuck are you and wh-why did you fucking kiss me?"