14

Emari's POV

"Wh-who the fuck are you and wh-why did you fucking kiss me?"

My face went pale and coldness embraced my body. The look on his face told me he was being serious. I stared at the man I love with confusion and hurt while he had no idea who I was.

With that the doctor came in and smiled proudly as he looked to Grayson.

"Hello Mr. Dolan how are you feeling!" The doctor asked as he walked over to Grayson starting his exam.

"Yo yo yo get the fuck away from me! Where the hell am I?" He yelled putting his hands up in defense.

He didn't even sound like my Grayson anymore.

Then I remembered.

He may suffer from memory loss and personality change due from the brain injury.

My hand covered my mouth trying to silence the cries trying to escape. I quickly gathered my things and headed towards the door. As I was shutting the door I heard Grayson ask, "What the fuck is her problem?"

That hurt. They way it rolled off his tongue so effortlessly made my heart ache. I made my way down to the cafeteria to get something to drink to try to calm my nerves some. I grabbed a Baí watermelon water and went to the register to pay. There was a younger guy working the register with dark brown hair that hung lazily on his forehead. His eyes were a light brown color and stood rather tall.

"Hello did you find everything ok?" He asked with a tired smile on his face. "Uh yes-" I trailed off looking towards his name tag. My eyes widened and I instantly became saddened. "Ethan." His name came out as a whisper. "I'm sorry?" He asked raising his eyebrows confusion covering his face. I felt my eyes begin to water as I laid the money down and ran back to Grayson's room.

As I neared his room I heard loud yelling and things being thrown around which made me sprint towards him. I swung the door open as I seen a very distraught Grayson kicking and screaming at the doctors while they tried to hold him down. Things were thrown all over the room as if a stampede barreled through the room.I was confused at what was happening until his name flew out of his mouth.

"ETHAN! FUCK NO!" Grayson screamed and sobbed. My heart broke instantly for him. "I fucking lost him, I lost my best friend. WHY?!" I walked towards Grayson trying to cup his face to calm him down.

"GET THE FUCK OFF ME YOU BITCH!" He yelled as he shoved my hands away from his face. I was taken back by his words. He has never spoke to me that way. Sure we had our fights but he never once called me names.

"Grayson, it's me E-Emari." I said my voice cracking.

He continued to sob. "I don't fucking care who you are, why the hell should I care?" He asked his eyes no longer his beautiful hazel but now a deep dark brown. The doctors had now released their hold on Grayson as he stopped fighting.

I stood there for a while as Grayson sobbed and sobbed. He had turned his back from me so he didn't have to look at me.

The door soon swung open revealing a very pissed off Lisa and emotional Sean. Lisa walked over to Grayson completely ignoring me and embraced him in a hug. He jumped slightly at her touch but then soon relaxed as his mom continued to hug him from behind. His sobs then grew louder to where he was wailing loudly. Sean gave me a sour look as if telling me I needed to leave before walking over to hug his grieving son.

I watched as they clung to each other for each other's support. My heart was slowly being pulled from my chest as I watched them hold each other. I was slightly jealous as well considering he remembered his parents and not me.

Of course he would remember his parents though why wouldn't he?

They were all crying at this point and I took it upon my self to just leave. As I was walking out I felt someone grabbed my arm and pull it back harshly.

Lisa.

"I don't EVER want to see your face here again. You've done enough damage." She said her face stone cold.

I've had enough of her bullshit.

"I DIDN'T DO A SINGLE FUCKING THING. I WASN'T DRIVING THE GOD DAMN CAR THAT NIGHT, I WASN'T DRIVING THE GOD DAMN TRAIN. YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE FUCK I WAS DOING! WAITING FOR YOUR SON TO MEET ME AT THE RESTAURANT WHERE WE HAD RESERVATIONS TO HAVE DINNER TOGETHER! BUT INSTEAD OF BEING WITH HIM WHERE HIM AND ETHAN WOULD HAVE BEEN SAFE WERE HERE!" I screamed in her face.

She stared at me with wide eyes taken back that I had just talked to her that way. I took a big breath in and let it out slowly as my voice softened while I continued to speak.

"Lisa, don't you see I'm hurting to? I've had no one the past six years. All I have had was Ethan, Grayson, Sean and yourself. I've been alone since I lost my parents. And now here I am losing more people. I have nothing more to lose. I CANT lose anymore people. You and Sean took me in when I lost my parents and did your damn best. And Ethan. I loved Ethan as if he was my big brother. He supported me and Grayson through everything and was always there to cheer me up when things got tough. And then Grayson." I paused pointing towards Grayson's room where he laid broken. "Grayson was-is the only thing keeping me here, and keeping me stable. He made me want to do better with myself. He's the one who had me apply to go to college. To better myself. To make me show people I'm not a broken soul. And now here we are in a hospital. My best friend gone and now the love of my life doesn't even know who I am. I'm alone. All over again." I said as the water works took over me.

I put my hands over my face and balled into them. I couldn't take this stress anymore. I've been holding so much in. All the emotions finally poured out from me as if I was a dam that's been begging to break.

My back met a wall and I slowly slid down it not being able to stand anymore.

I felt someone kneel down to me thinking it was just a nurse checking on me. When I looked up I was shocked to see Lisa with a small smile on her face.

"Emari, I'm so so sorry. Please forgive me. I never considered how you felt, I just needed someone to blame and you were in the line of fire and with that I'm so so sorry sweetie." She said as a couple of tears fell down her face.

I knew I couldn't forgive her as fast as I wanted but I was willing to try. I had to take it slow.

Without hesitation she took me in her arms and hugged me tight as if I was going to fall.

What she didn't know though is... I've already fallen.