19

DON'T PLAY SONG YET!

Emaris POV

I woke up to the sun shining brightly on my face causing me to grown in annoyance. I threw my blanket over my head trying to block any kind of light from appearing.

I had the sudden urge to throw up again as I shot out of my bed and ran to the bathroom. I looked at my watch to check the time 7:14am.

Right on time.

For the past few days I've been throwing up non stop at the same time every morning. At first I was thinking I was getting sick but now I'm thinking it's something else. And I want to be wrong.

I slowly made my way to my closet trying to find something comfortable to wear so I could run to the store. I found one of Grayson's old hoodies and smiled at it. It was his white doggystyle one. I remembered the last time he wore it before the accident. We were watching the Pineapple Express and cuddling into each other's arms.

I felt a tear slip down my cheek as I still clasped onto Grayson's hoodie. I threw it down to the ground out of agitation and grabbed my red adidas hoodie as well as a pair of leggings. I grabbed my wallet and car keys and ran out the door.

On the way to the store my mind drifted off to the worse case scenario.

What if I am pregnant? What would I tell Grayson? He's the only guy I've ever been with. He would hate me even more. He wouldn't want anything to do with me.

Question after question filled my brain as I made my way to the store.

As I pulled into the lot I brought my hands to my face and sighed deeply not wanting this to be true. It's not that I didn't want a baby I do someday but the timing isn't right.

I finally gathered up the courage to walk inside. I was greeted by a young girl as she waved and asked if I needed any help. I shook my head no and made my way to the pharmaceutical aisle.

As I was looking around I had a feeling like I was being watched. I looked around but didn't see anything.

My anxiety is getting the best of me.

I shook off the eerie feeling and continued to look around. I found the Clearblue test that estimates how far along you are. I took a deep breath and hurriedly made my way to the register.

The girl smiled at me showing her deep dimples on her cheeks. "Did you find everything ok?" She asked nicely as she put the test in a bag and handed it to me. "Uh-Uh yeah, thank you." "That'll be $9.63." I pulled my wallet out and handed her a ten.

The receipt came out of the register and she handed it to me while she said 'goodluck'. I gave a small smile and grabbed the receipt and my change and practically ran out of the store.

I was shaking as I struggled to put my key in the ignition. Once I finally turned the car on I drove quickly back to my apartment praying it came out negative.

I ran up to my apartment receiving glances from people in the lobby. I ignored the stares as I jolted into the elevator before it closed. "Someone is in a hurry." An older woman chuckled at me being breathless. "You could say that." I shyly smiled as I pressed my floor number.