5

Emari's POV
I stirred in my sleep expecting to be cradled in his arms, but when I turned to face him he was gone. I raised an eyebrow and stood from the bed grabbing the sheet to cover my bare body. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen when I noticed a note on the counter:
My dearest Emari,

I went out with Ethan this morning to go shopping for you. I'll be back as soon as I can but in the meantime take some cash out of my top drawer in the bedroom and go get your hair and nails done and I'll be back shortly. I love you so fucking much Emari.

Xoxo Grayson

I smiled and spun around as I skipped back to our bathroom to shower. I texted Grayson telling him I thank you for the note and I was showering then leaving. Once I got out of the shower I changed into my white thrasher shirt, ripped jeans and my red converse.

I threw my hair up since I was getting it done anyways and did my basic makeup which consisted of foundation, powder, and mascara. Once I was finished I grabbed my phone and keys and headed to the nail salon first.

I walked into the nail salon I was hit with the strong smell of nails polish remover and nail polish. My therapy began to burn by I ignored it and walked to the front desk.

"Hi my name is Amber how can I help you today?" She was a very pretty young girl with mocha colored skin and light golden eyes. Her hair flowed down to the middle of her back and had bouncy curls. I smiled at her and said I wanted to get my nails done with acrylic. She sat me at her station while she went to pick the color I chose. "So what made you get your nails done today?" She asked while she was filing down the acrylic to even it out. "My boyfriend actually told me to get my hair and nails done today as his treat so here I am." I waved my other hand in a jazz hands motion. She giggled "awh how sweet of him, you for sure have a keeper." I smiled to myself and said "I sure do." I really liked Amber, she knew how to keep a conversation going, and wasn't a snobby bitch. And her style was just like mine, but better. She had a white tight fitting crop top on with a light denim jacket and black ripped jeans. We need to be best friends as soon as possible.

As she finished my nails she asked about college and wanted to learn more about how me and Grayson met. After talking non stop for an hour she finished my nails and I fell in love.

"Oh my God I love them!!" I exclaimed to Amber while I hugged her. She laughed and said no problem any time. "I know I don't know you personally Emari, but I would love to get together and hangout sometime. If you don't mind, I mean it's up to y- " I cut her off and said "HELL YES." Probably sounding a little to desperate but I didn't care. She laughed once again and wrote her number on her card she gave me and told me to text her whenever I could. I smiled and waved goodbye as I left the nail salon and made my way to my hair appointment.

I finally arrived after driving for forty-five minutes to the hair salon. I walked in and was introduced to an older woman this time who had small dark circles under her eyes, and seemed very impatient. "Hello I'm here fo-" I began but she cut me off. "Yeah I know you're late." She stared intently at the computer screen clicking away. I was stunned at first but soon became annoyed. "Well if your hair salon wasn't located in such a shitty area and had less traffic you wouldn't have a problem with your customers being late." I snapped back at her. She looked offended yet pissed that I had came back at her.

I She went to say something else but was cut off by whom I assumed was the manager. "Ms. Betty now that's enough, get the hell out of my salon." He snapped. Yep definitely the owner/manager dude. I looked over to him to see he was older than me but younger than Ms. Bitch. He had some gray showing through his hair, piercing blue eyes, and wore a black suit. I would be lying if I didn't say he wasn't handsome, but he's not Grayson. She muffled profanities under her breath and walked out the door. "I'm so sorry about that, she means well but she's a bit snippy as well." I put a small smile on my face and looked around the salon and realized how nice it actually looked.

"Wow" I said under my breath but I assuming he heard me. "Beautiful isn't it." I looked up to him to see he was smiling at me. "It really is..." I trailed off waiting to get his name. "Mark, my names Mark." He smiled and held his hand out to shake mine. I lightly grabbed his and shook it. "You must be Emari, you're here for the 1:15 appointment right?" He asked while looking at the computer screen. "Uh u-uh yes sir." Jesus Christ how embarrassing I never stutter. He giggle to himself and showed me to my chair. "Alright what were you wanting today." He asked while throwing the apron around me. "Hmmm what do you think? I'll let you decide just don't make me bald." I giggled at the end. He smiled and laughed and said "Alrighty coming right up."

Finally after getting my hair done for two and a half hours he finished my hair. Mark had me faced away from the mirror so I could see it at the end. When he turned me around I was shocked.

"Woah!" I said a little to loud as it echoed through the salon. Mark looked at me concerned wondering if I even liked it. "Mark I fucking love it!" I got up and hugged him. He let out a big sigh of relief. "Thank god you scared me for a second." He laughed lightly as I pulled away. "I never really dyed my hair before so this is like a big step and change for me!" "Well I'm glad I could take you hair dye virginity."

He smiles seeming proud of himself. "Hey Emari do you think we could hangout one day?" "Uhhh sure but just to clarify I have a boyfriend." "Ooooohhh is he cute?" He smirked towards me. I was confused at first. "Wellllll yeahhhh." I trailed off. He laughed at my reaction, "Emari I'm into guys I wouldn't be attracted to you like that although you are a very beautiful young lady." He said through chuckles. "Ohhhh ok I'm sorry but yeah sure I'd love to hangout sometime." I said as I mentally face palmed myself. We both walked to the counter to pay and again handed me his number and business card. I'm making all kinds of friends today. "Alright Emari have a great day and feel free to call me anytime!" Mark yelled as I was exiting the salon. I waved bye and yelled back "sure thing see you later." I walked back to my car and headed home hoping Grayson was there.