Chapter 16

Nandini's POV :

"Nandini, get up. Don't u have office to go?" I heard di shouting and I groaned. I wanted to sleep more. Wait, di!!

I woke up instantly and ran out of my room and saw my sister plating breakfast.

"Good morning." she wished..

"Good morning. When did u come back?"

"Just a few minutes ago."

"And u made breakfast this fast?!" I said eyeing the foods.

"I made them in his house anf brought them here. Now go and get ready.. I kind of have a half day."

I went back to my room and got ready for the office. I wore a gray sleeveless jumpsuit with a black high heels... I tied my hair in a high ponytail as I love it when my hair bounce from my movement.

" so, how is Murat sir? " I asked as I sipped my orange juice.

"last I check, fever was gone but he is too moody to bear." Di said annoyingly.

"He had high fever what do u expect him to do."

"Enough of ur Murat sir. U go oe else u will be late. U have manage till Manik reach there."

"He will be late? How do you know?"

"Because he was there last night. He came to see his brother and stayed there. He left for his house this morning." Di said..

"So he finally made his mind to visit his sick brother."

"Don't say like that. He can't see his brother in such state. U don't know how broken he looked last night." Di said making a sad face.

"well I don't know.. I am done... See u later.." I left my house after hugging my sister.

I came to the office only to see his cabin empty.

"He must be emotionally drained." I said and start my work... I had to reschedule his early morning meetings. He could have informed me himself. But no that Nabob thinks everything will be done just like that.

"Oh I am so tired.." I heard a voice said dramatically and I looked up to see none other than Lisa Roy. My mood instantly went down.

"Sir is not here yet." I said anf didn't do anything to hide my annoyance.

"I know that. That's why I am here to surprise him with breakfast made by a famous chef..." she said showing the bag she is holding.

"Well he already had breakfast in his brother's house." I said rolling my eyes.

"Despite that he will have it." she said confidently and then we heard the sound of Elevator.

"Manik!" she said excitedly.

"Lisa, why are u here?" Manik asked.

"Come on, Manik, I heard about Murat and I know u must be feeling low. See I brought u breakfast."

"Well that's very sweet of you but I already had mine." I could not help but snickerd.. They turned towards me and she became impatient..

"Manik, I made them myself and I didn't even have anything from morning." She faked sadness.

I laughed out loud. What a liar! But there is a line, 'liar liar pants on fire'. Just wait and watch.

"Any problem Miss Mathur?" Manik asked clearly amused.