Chapter 63

Nandini woke up and blinked her eyes to see clearly. White walls and the pain in her body confirmed that she was in the hospital.

"Why I am here and why so much pain?"

She looked down to see her hand as she can't move it. She was her whole right hand was wrapped up. She blinked, unable to remember what happened.

"Nandini.." Someone called her softly. Manik came in front of her and smile weakly. "You are awake."

"What happened? Why am I here?"

"You don't remember?"

"No. And why my hand is wrapped up like this?"

"Relax, relax. Let me call the doctor. He can tell you what's wrong." Manik said and went out.

"Doctor, she is awake."

"Oh good. Let me check."

"Wait. She doesn't remember what happened to her. U didn't tell me that she hurt her head or something."

"No, Mr Malhotra. Her head is fine. Her mind must have blocked the incident. It is a normal coping mechanism."

"Will she get it back?"

"Maybe or maybe not. We can't really say anything surely in this kind of matter."

Doctor came inside the room and checked Nandini. She had the expression of a frightened kid. Manik felt so bad but he had nothing to do.

"Don't worry. You will be fine in a few days. The burns on your hand is not that bad.. Few weeks and they all will be gone. We wrapped it up to avoid any infection. Please let her have medicines timely and she needs to have proper rest."

"Yes. Doctor." Manik said making Nandini sigh..

"You can take her home. She is fine now. Just sign the papers."

"Doctor, can I work in this situation? I won't have any pressure on it."

"I don't think that's a good idea and stay away from heat or you will feel the burning sensation increasing. Take care." The doctor left to check on other patients.

"Manik, I am fine..."

"Don't start, Nandini." Nandini pouted and looked away.

*':✽.°✿;⋆°∞•∞°⋆;✿°.✽:'*

Hayat was not feeling well. After the police station visit, she went back to office and saw the work had started in a full swing.

She checked everything and then came back to home. She was feeling extremely low about what she did.

Mind: Hayat, it was normal. Anyone could have doubted him.

Heart: He looked so hurt.

Mind: So what? It was nothing in front of what he did.

Heart: But he was trying to fix everything.

Mind: He still trying to control you.