Chapter 79

The beeping sound woke Hayat up. She opened her eyes with very difficulty. She looked here and there to recognize the place. She would like to say that she was in a hospital but she was not. She didn't even recognize the place.

She was on a bed, soft as feather. Though the room looked like a regular one but it also look like a medical room. She looked around and saw Murat sleeping on the big sofa.

She couldn't understand why he needed to sleep on the sofa. That bed was big enough for four people! She shook her head but winced. She started feel the pain in her body. She was in a better condition,the doctors did well. She was remembering all the things happened and why.

'Maybe Lisa died.' She thought. She didn't know much about her. When she came to know what that girl did to Nandini, made her so angry. She hated how she did not get to know any of those that time.

But still whatever happened with her was totally unfair. She felt the bed dipped and turn to her right, wincing.

"Are you feeling good?"

"Better than I felt there."

Murat didn't need to ask what she meant by 'there'. Murat never felt so hollow as he couldn't do anything to erase her memory from there.

"Where is Nandini? How is she?" Hayat tried to get up but Murat softly pushed her to stay still.

"She is okay and she is in the next room. I don't think she is up yet. Doctor said she had lots of internal injury."

"She was in so much pain. Suddenly I saw my little sister getting big and handling her injury instead of whining. I really thought that we won't be alive."

"Shhh.. You are fine, she is fine and that was the last horrible experience. I won't let anything like that to happen ever again." Murat vowed.

"Are you going to show the world 'The Rise Of Devil'?" Hayat teased and dance her eyebrows.

"I should, right? Then only they will stay far away from my way." Hayat tried to shook her head but winced again. She needed to remember that she could no longer just shook her head at his antics.

"Why are you moving so much?" He frowned and tried to figure out what's wrong. He could not for the love of God let her feel uncomfortable and delay her recovery process.

"Should we postpone our wedding?" There was no way Hayat could get everything done for their wedding and walked down the aisle.

"No." She glared at him as soon as he said that.

"Murat! I didn't finalize anything. How the heck we will get married if we don't push the date back."

She was getting worked up and her heart monitor was beeping as if warning Murat not to say anything stupid.

"We will see what can we do. First you need to recover and then we will talk about everything." He caressed her hair trying to calm her down.

After a long silence, Hayat tried to ask the question she wanted to ask him. "Murat?"

"Hmm?" He had rested his head on the headboard and closed his eyes.