"Noooo!!!! Please no!!!! My baby!!!!" mom screamed as my dad tried to comfort her.

"Eve, what did they say?" Peyton questioned as she too cried uncontrollably.

"T-they said that they were on a stake out and there was a bomb and him and his unit was in the crossfire's of that explosion." There, that was it I just told my family the worst news I possibly could.

"Mommy, what's going on?" Sophia asked.

"Um, sweetie something happened," Peyton said as she chocked on a sob.

I walked over to Sophia and crouched next to her, "Hey babes how would you Sky, Kins and Maddie like to go into the kitchen and get some cookies?" I asked knowing they wouldn't pass up cookies.

"Yessss!!!!!" They all cheered as they ran into the kitchen.

"Um, I'll be in the kitchen with them for a bit, again I'm really sorry," I spoke tightly.

Colton sighed out, "Eve it's not your fault stop apologizing there's no need for it." He said as he pulled me into a hug as he kissed the top of my head.

I nodded my head walking into the kitchen part of the apartment, "Hey guys you ready for some cookies?" I asked.

"Yay!!!" They yelled.

I walked over to the pantry and grabbed some Oreos and then some cups and a thing of milk, pouring them all a glass of milk and giving them 3 cookies each.

They all thanked me and ate their cookies peacefully not knowing a thing about what was happening.

I just stared at them wishing I could be them not having a care in the world not knowing what was happening around me.

I suddenly felt hands on my back, causing me to sigh feeling all the tension in my back.

"Gosh Eve I'm so sorry I know how close you guys were I can't imagine what you're going through right now," Bentley said pulling me into a hug.

I quietly cried into his chest sobs racking through my body, "He's not going to met Rylee she'll never know who he is I'd be surprised if Sophia remembers him she's so young I don't think she would, he's not gonna see me or his girls get married, Ben he was supposed to come home in three months this wasn't supposed to happen he wasn't supposed to leave all of us." I cried and I felt like I couldn't stop.

Bentley wrapped his arms around me tighter pulling me closer to him whispering sweet nothings into my ear.

"I know and it's cruel and it sucks and I wish this wasn't happening I wish we wouldn't have to explain to his kids what happened to their dad when they're older." He cried into my neck and we just held each other feeling the loss of our brother.

I then felt another pair of arms wrap around us and I instantly knew it was Colton.

We all just cried into each other mourning the loss of our brother allowing the pain to hit us.

We eventually pulled away from each other only to everyone looking us with tears going down their faces.

I walked over to Payton pulling her into a hug, "Do you need anything Pay? Can I do anything for you?" I question as her body shook with sobs.

She shook her head no, "No I think me Sophia are just gonna go home I need to explain things to her." She said as went and picked Sophia up before walking the door.

2 hours later everyone had left and I walked upstairs stripping out of my clothes and into something more comfortable and climbing into bed.

I also had fallen asleep before I heard my phone ringing, without even looking at who it was I answered it.

"Hello?" I answered with a hoarse voice from all the crying.

"Yes this is Emily Wells I was calling regarding my appointment I had with you today at two I arrived at the place but you weren't there." She said and I felt instant regret.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, this morning I got word that my b-brother died during war and I couldn't think about anything else other than that it's been a long day, to say the least," I spoke softly not wanting to cry anymore.

"Oh I'm so sorry for your loss I completely understand no worries, I'll let you go I hope you have a good night, again I'm very sorry for your loss." She spoke sincerely.

"Thank you so much, and once things even over maybe we can reschedule," I asked.

"Sure just let me know when's a good time and no rush take your time." She said.

We then bid our goodbyes and I then fell into a deep sleep hoping that when I woke up in the morning this would just be a horrible nightmare and everything would be fine.
............................................................................
A/N: I cried so much while writing this chapter, also please don't be mad at me.

I also hope you enjoyed this chapter I know things got and this is the way I wanted this book to be.

I want it to be as realistic as possible this is life there are happy times and sad times.

And this book will cover it all we're in a part sad as of now but there will be plenty of happy times in the future.

Also, I asked you guys questions in the last chapter so if you guys have any questions for me please ask!

Comment&Vote!

Love you all!❤️