"We completely understand once again we're very sorry for your loss we'll show ourselves out." Officer Matthews spoke as they walked out though what they said didn't really registered to me.

Breathing out I picked my phone up and adding everyone in a group chat so it would make telling everyone to come over easier.

To: mom,dad,Bentley,Colton,Peyton.
: Hey everyone if everyone could make it over to my apartment ASAP that'd be great I'll explain when everyone's here.

There, I just texted a text that is going to ruin everyone's lives for the absolute worst.

My phone started going off everyone saying they'll be over soon.

And then I just waited, I sat on the couch and waited.

Hearing a knock on the door I got up to see in was Bentley and his family.

"Hey sis what's up?" He asked so carefreely? But of course, he did he didn't what had happened yet.

"Um, I think it's best if we wait until everyone gets here please make yourself at home.

"Eve are you okay? You look like you've been crying." Bentley asked.

I bit back the sobbed that wanted to come out.

So I just nodded as I heard another knock seeing it was my parents.

"Eve! I was so excited to see you texted it's been so long we've missed you." My mom was so excited, but...not for long.

"I know and I'm sorry." I apologized.

Within the next 30 minutes everyone else showed up and I was just a ball of nerves.

"So Eve what made you ask us all to come over," Bentley asked.

I breathed out feeling the tears prick my eyes.

"Um, I g-got some news." I stumbled over my words.

"Good or bad?" Colton asked.

"Bad very bad," I said as I chocked on a sob.

"Eve, what happened?" My mom asked.

Tears. They started again. "Something so horrible and I hate that I'm the one that has to tell you all and ruin all of your lives." I sobbed the pain becoming unbearable.

Colton came over to me rubbing my back. "Come on Eve tell us it can't be that bad." Boy was he wrong.

"B-but that's where you're wrong."

"I finished eating my breakfast and I heard a knock on the door and I was confused seeing as it was 7:30 in the morning, and when I opened that door my heart dropped in my stomach, there stood in front of me two men in marine corps uniform." I paused.

Gasps filled the room, everyone, knowing where this was going.

"Eve, what are you saying?" Peyton questioned causing me to look at her.

"I'm so sorry that I have to tell you all this but your, son, brother, dad, and husband won't be coming home in a few months as we thought." I cried as did everyone else.