He never brought his head up, he just stared straight in front of him. I slowly made my way over to his table taking my time. Once I was right in front of him he finally looked up and his facial expression changed completely.

"E-Emari?" He asked as if he was questioning himself. I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and looked down to the ground. He went to stand up but one of the guards seized him from doing so. He took a deep breath in as if he was trying to contain himself.

I noticed he had more tattoos on his neck and his arms were now completely covered. I'd have to admit it looked so good on him.

"Hi Gray." I said as I sat down. We both looked at each other in awe.

As we sat and looked at each other it brought me back. To when we dated and was happily together and life was treating us good. A lot of couples has their song or had date night every Friday or something along those lines. While me and Grayson.

We just stared at each other.

I know it's a stupid habit to have but we have always done that. Admired each other endlessly. I still had those feeling for him but I don't think I'll ever be able to love like I used to.

I'm so used to losing everything and everyone I don't know how to love anymore.

I reached my hand out for him to take. Unhesitatingly he reached out and gripped mine, not to tight no to soft. I felt a wave of relaxation come over me as he rubbed his thumb over my hand repeatedly.

"Are you okay Em?" He asked not breaking eye contact nor removing his hand. I chuckled slightly at his question. "I'm as good as I can be Grayson." I said small. "You can be honest, how are you really?" He asked once again. I felt my face get hit as I felt a tear fall down my cheek.

"Uh-uhmm well honestly it's been hell Grayson. I can't eat I can't sleep, I've turned to alcohol to help me sleep at night. And it's not your typical have a glass of wine it's more of a bottle of tequila or rum or vodka. Anything really. I'm losing myself Gray." I sobbed quietly to him.

I felt his hand grip mine harder signaling empathy.  "I'm so sorry Em. I wish I was with you the whole pregnancy, I'm sorry I was such a dick to you. I should have believed you when you first seen me at the hospital. But here we are a couple years later and I'm in jail and your breaking and there is still nothing I can do for you. I'm for Christ sakes I can't even hug you." He said as a tear sneaked it's way down his face.

"You're the reason I remain sane in this place though." I looked at him in a confused manner. "What do you mean I keep you sane Grayson?" He chuckled lightly before sighing. "I still love you Emari. Nothing has changed I still have feelings for you. I still want to work this out when I get out of here. I will find you and we will be together again."

I was shocked to say the least. I don't even think he meant to say all of what he did. He nervously brought his hand back to scratch the back of his neck nervously. I took his hand back into mine and smiled at his gesture. "You really think we can go back the way we were." I asked as I rubbed his hand. He smiled his beautiful smile that I miss so dearly.

"I do." He said gaining his confidence back.

"15 minutes left everyone!" The officer yelled causing the both of us to jump. We both began laughing at each other. I loved hearing his laugh. It was so deep and intimidating but at the same time made you laugh along even harder.