thirty seven, forgiveness

Start from the beginning

"I forgive you," He breathed into her hair. "Thank you for forgiving me." He kissed the side of her head and held her just that little bit tighter to let her know he meant it. That this wasn't another game of manipulation he was weaving around her ankles. This was their redemption.

"Don't hug me like I'm never going to see you again," Lusine joked, but didn't chance letting go. "I promise to visit you when I can find the time, and energy, to travel the distance."

Loki pulled back from the embrace and smiled genuinely, his thin lips extended into uncharted territory. "I'll be counting down the days."

-

-

Casia went with Thor and Jane to wherever she called home and found an entire group of people waiting there, all of which clueless as to who she was, but not really paying attention to her presence anyway in the rediscovery of Jane Foster.

Sure, the only face Casia knew was that of Erik Selvig, but only because of his brief stint under Loki's mind-control where he'd almost had a hand in the invasion being a great success. Even now, she wasn't one hundred percent sure he was back to his old self, but there were more pressing matters than one man out of many.

Due to the fact he currently wore no trousers, Casia's suspicions were confirmed. She could do nothing but stand back awkwardly as he hugged Jane and got to discussion of their plan of action. All Casia could understand was that they were talking science. None of it sounded like English to her. The words too long and not making sense to her.

Casia stuck close to Thor. He was the only one she really knew on any level at all. Jane she barely knew and the others she only knew by name after brief introductions at Darcy's exclamation of "Who the hell are you?" when Casia had followed them inside.

Being introduced as an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. wasn't the best, especially going by the way their faces visibly dropped, but it was, at the end of the day, her job.

A lot of the conversation between Erik and Jane went right over Casia's head as she attempted to involve herself as much as possible. At every chance, she applied years of experience in field missions.

Before they knew it, they had a plan. A plan to pull off in very little time.

As Darcy and Ian placed the gadgets Erik had made around the Library grounds in the heart of London, overlooking the washes of brown that made up the Thames River, Casia readied herself.

This was going to be her first battle using the magic burning holes inside of her without Lusine there to fall back on if anything looked as if it was going terribly wrong.

However, she was fully aware that, if she decimated the entirety of London, it would be her own fault, not anyone else's. And she would give herself up for the punishment for the crimes of losing control; let her head hang in shame. Walk to the guillotine without fight.