thirty four, false arrogance

thirty four"iron fist, iron price"

thirty four
"iron fist, iron price"

They had their plan. Now, as they began to move into the next phase of said plan, Lady Sif flicked out her blade as swift as a pouncing lioness as she sunk her teeth into her prey.

The tip of her sword poked precariously at Loki's chin. Despite knowing Sif wouldn't slit his throat there and then, Lusine still could do little to prevent her machine beginning to whirr inside at the threat to his life.

"Betray him," Sif all-but-growled, "and I'll kill you."

Loki chuckled lowly, the emptiness of it echoing in his throat. "It's good to see you too, Sif," He said, his eyes flitted across to meet Lusine's, but she simply turned and began to walk to join Thor and the others upon the ship they meant to escape upon. As the blade was removed from his neck, he followed.

"You think you could be victorious in a duel against Sif?" Loki questioned, genuinely curious, but also revitalised by Lusine's obvious distaste for the woman and her threats.

"Oh," Lusine smiled thinly, "she would be no match for me. Perhaps she would be better suited to yourself. She seems eager to harm you, but only holds back because it would displease the one she loves."

"Yes," he replied, turning his attention forward as they approach the crashed ship, "it seems my brother has acquired a fair few admirers."

At the similar threat of Volstagg, Lusine is not so closely on edge. This threat was not one made out of the same adoration that radiated from Lady Sif. This was closer to loyalty and friendship than a love alike to that of the sun and the moon.

"You wouldn't need my help to fend that oaf off," Lusine quipped to him as the group entered the ship and was pleased to see that he found her comment somewhat amusing as he slunk off to pester his brother while Lusine kept an eye on the Midgardians.

To hear the brothers bickering once more wasn't such a horrible thing.

"Casia," Lusine regarded the woman coolly as her face moulded into a calmness oceans away from the jokes and jests she'd been sharing with Loki only moments prior, "you must not forget a single thing I've taught you. This isn't training anymore. If you tread wrong, the consequences could be fatal."

At last, the ship began to rise and fly, although they seemed to be hitting into anything and everything, which Loki was delighted to comment upon right into the ear of his brother.

"You say that as if I haven't been an agent my entire adult life. I know how to keep calm during a mission," Casia replied, her arms crossed across her chest in a defence mechanism Lusine wished to snap clean in half.

"Oh, quell your false arrogance and listen to me. These aren't just a few bad men making bad decisions. This is evil. This is an attempt at destroying everything. If you let that ignorance win over you, you might find your grave upon Svartalfheim," Lusine scolded, though the words came from a good place, not the venomous pit where her words often came from.