seven, treason season

seven
"a lover lost"

It seemed a common theme in this place for Tony Stark to take the floor and run with it while everyone looked on, unable to do anything but listen because, while he was an extremely confident man, he was also incredibly intelligent.

But Lusine was bored of listening to him talk.

Instead she let her eyes roam around the faces of the 'heroes' Director Fury had scrapped together in the face of other worldly threat. Lusine wondered if they could really do it. They had the grit determination, that much was in their nature, but did they have the strength to fend off the Chitauri if they could not halt Loki's plans? She'd believe it when she saw it.

Lusine dropped her palms onto the table and rose from her chair moments after Bruce and Tony had left for the laboratory.

"Agent Coulson," She said to catch his attention. "Would you show me where I am able to train?"

Thor looked directly at her, a frown on his face as he scanned for devious intent.

"As grateful I am that you are alive, Lusine, I do not think these people should let you train, with all due respect," He surmised, his biceps flexing as he crossed his arms.

Lusine's mouth curved into a false smile as she regarded the son of Odin. "I do not think it is your place to make that decision, as the brother of their prisoner." Her fingers twitched against the cold of the table as she fought the power back into its cage. "If they're worried about me, should they not be worried for you too?"

"I do not have a history of plotting treason with Loki," His deep voice boomed, but Lusine held her ground, "you do."

Steve looked as if he was going to cut in, but Director Fury shot him a stern glare that dissolved that intent.

"Loki betrayed me," Lusine replied with a hiss of her tongue, the magic within her pulling the bars apart, slipping from between her rips in great tendrils of power. A solitary inky vein crawled up her arm in a painful fern pattern, stark against the pale skin as her ichor boiled.

"I know," Thor said, downcast.

Lusine shook her head as she met his lightning eyes, her false smile growing into a wolfish grin. "And you didn't even try to save me." She drew in a strong, steady breath and turned to Coulson once more. "If you will..." She trailed, turning from the table and exiting the room, the agent hot on her tail.

"If you'll excuse me, Miss Volkov, I don't think that you should leave terms with Thor on that sour note," Coulson commented, though he wasn't sure his opinion was desired by the goddess who had shaken with anger only moments before.

Lusine sighed and tried to give him a gentle smile, slowing her brisk pace. "I just need to let off a little steam first," She admit. "A fight between gods would not be favourable in an enclosed space."