two, goddess

t w o" those eyes, they deceive "-

t w o
" those eyes, they deceive "
-

Lusine kept her eyes closed tightly as she sat beside the agent in the back of the smart, black vehicle. She'd been suspicious of it, but the agent smiled at her and gestured for her to get in, promising that it wasn't going to hurt her. That it was just transportation back to base. She'd forced a smile, drew in a breath and climbed into the car, her tattered clothing rustling in the breeze.

Now she sat there in silence, wincing every time they went over a bump in the road. It jostled her in her seat, rattling her bruised bones and pounding head. Her brain shook inside her skull every time they turned a corner or sped up.

She inhaled sharply as a sharp pain shot up her side. She was healing, but not fast enough. In the void, it must have been slowed, but now she could feel herself knitting back together as she sat beside the friendly-faced Coulson.

"I'm sorry if this is intrusive, but who are you and why have you come to Earth?" He asked again. Lusine opened her eyes, looking to him with temptation to use her power on him to shut him up, but maybe it would feel good to talk to a living breathing being again after so long. She wasn't even sure she still knew how to talk, it had been so long. The last person she'd spoken to had shoved her off a bridge into the void, despite her surrender.

"My name is Princess Lusine Volkov," She began. When she swallowed, it only reminded her of how dry her throat was: drier than the sand of the desert she'd fallen into. "And I did not come here by choice."

"You were forced?" He frowned, but she could see him taking mental notes of every word she said. He was an intelligent, focused man. It would be an awful shame if she had to kill him.

"You could say that," She muttered, gazing out of the window. "Maybe it was just the result of a series of bad decisions. A goddess fallen to Earth, how utterly ridiculous."

"Goddess?"

"Agent Coulson, I know I might not look the part at the moment, but I can assure you that I am a goddess. But even goddesses can fall, apparently." She turned her eyes back to him, forcing a smile upon her chapped lips. They split as she smiled. "How much further is it now? I am in desperate need of a bath, some hot food and a long drink of wine."

"Not much further."

"It is lovely to have met you." And it would be a terrible misfortune if she had to cut him in two to get what she wanted. She laced her voice with honey as she spoke, keeping it sickly sweet and unable to be identified as anything but friendly.

"Ah, well, without me you'd still be lying in the sand with vultures looking at you as their next meal," He said with a laugh.

"Yes, but I've been through worse, I suppose." She gave him another one of her masked smiled before she turned her head away to look out of the window once more.

-