twenty, a harmless flirt

twenty"would it be a crime to dream of you?"

twenty
"would it be a crime to dream of you?"

Casia shifted uncomfortably in the dress that they'd graciously provided for her. Despite her previous complaints, she already missed her leather jacket. For a woman who only wore dresses that hugged her figure so tight she couldn't breathe, these free-flowing garbs were unlike her.

Thor seemed to think so too when she finally emerged from her room after trying to figure out who stared back at her from the mirror's reflection for far too long.

"I never thought I would see the Casia Radcliffe in a pretty dress," Thor commented as the door softly clicked shut behind her and she took his arm as if she'd been raised as he had.

"Pretty?" She questioned, clasping the opportunity to have a harmless flirt with both hands. "Is that my compliment for the day?" Her elbow nudged his side playfully.

"I compliment you all the time!" Thor protested, grinning down at her like the giant teddy bear he is. If his smile could be compared to anything, it would be the moon for it shined even when the night drew in. Lighting up the dark effortlessly and without thought. It was just what the moon did. It did not question, it just fulfilled. "You just don't remember because you were high on the pain medication Doctor Greer gave you."

"How could I forget," Casia mumbled, unable to turn away. "I'm just grateful Lusine had a change of heart and decided that I was better alive than dead."

"We always seem to talk of Lusine," He said, being the one to turn away and give a nod to a passing friend. "Not that she isn't a good friend of mine, of ours, but I should like to talk to you about you, not about her."

"Oh." Was all Casia could manage for a while as her heart ticked over ad her mind kicked into gear. "Well, what would you like to know?"

"How about do you have any siblings, for a start? And are they as hopeless as my brother?" He asked, sending a clap of thunder rattling through her bones with one look of those endless eyes. Oceanic in every description possible.

"Two. An older brother and a little sister," She answered and then it was her turn to avert her vision, locking the focus on walking. "Though I have not seen either of them in ages. Suppose sometimes blood ties just aren't enough, huh?"

Thor frowned, the expression overcoming his entire face. He did not understand how she could be flippant about the distance between herself and her family. Was family not filled with the ones you held onto for as long as you could with all the might you could muster? Were they not worth fighting for? Not worth loving even through the turmoil and anguish?