eight, tighter psyche

eight"lovers gained"

eight
"lovers gained"

Lycus was a whirlwind of terror as he stormed towards her, grabbing her by the shoulders, his claws digging into her skin, even through the training uniform Casia had given her that hung on her bones, a second skin.

"You idiot," He hissed, spit dotting her face like star-lit freckles at the bridge of her nose and Luisne fought the want to wipe it away, skin itching. "You think these people will trust you after you almost killed one of their own?"

"Lycus, I-"

He cut her off with venom dripping from his fangs, "No, you've ruined it all again. We were going to keep our heads down, merge with the pack and then tear the head of the alpha from his neck, assuming our rightful position." His claws stuck in deeper, grinding against bone.

Lusine grit her teeth. "I lost control," She admit begrudgingly.

Lycus growled lowly, ripping his hands from her and turning away. "No, if you'd lost control we both would have become nothing but the void's property. Your control simply lapsed." He rubbed his chin roughly. "You must hold tighter next time."

"Next time?" Lusine's jaw tightened, barely holding its teeth for the force. "I don't want there to be a next time, but your only advice is 'hold tighter'. How is that going to help me?" She questioned, mouth foaming.

"What else is there left to say?" Lycus said simply, a shrug of his shoulders. "Maybe if you'd held tighter sooner I would be more than a figment of your psyche."

Lusine swallowed her pride and took a step towards him. "I need you to help me take control of my body again so I don't hurt more people I love."

"The only person who can do that is you. Learn the way it works and build around it. Hear the void roar and roar louder," He told her, hands folded behind his back.

"Thank you," Lusine replied lowly, but he'd fizzled away before she'd even gotten all the syllables out.

-