thirty six, times are changing

thirty six"what more could i ask for?"

thirty six
"what more could i ask for?"

Casia didn't know how on Earth she'd been roped into becoming the third wheel of saving the world from the unyielding reign of the murderous Dark Elves with far too much power than the share they deserved.

Alas, she had and there was little she could do to change it. No way back now. This was it. This was her new reality. While being an agent had been a major change from her previous life style, this was another entirely new change to her life, which she yet again hadn't asked for but had received nonetheless.

All she'd wanted was to be trained by Lusine so that she didn't live in constant fear of erupting and decimating an entire city with one rush of untamed power. The phoenix was power hungry: A city would only be its breakfast. Perhaps even the entire Earth would only satisfy it for a day or two. Fill up the belly until boredom careened in to sweep it off its talons and toss it into the air to soar once again, thirsty for blood and chaos.

Even in the partial cover of the cave from the storm rushing in, Casia's stomach flipped over and over inside of herself. Jumping like a seal through a hoop for the audience and for fish. Except nothing about this feeling was entertaining. Not in the slightest.

Outside, Lusine had refused to leave Loki's body behind and, instead of continuing on with the mission ahead, had volunteered to return his body to Asgard. Nothing about that settled well with Casia. Not because once again Lusine had chosen to stick by Loki, but more because she didn't know if she could do this without her. It was selfish and also insulting to herself to think such a way, but it was a truth that gnawed at each and every one of her rational thoughts as Jane and Thor conversed deeper inside the cave, their voices bouncing off its walls.

"He's gonna unleash it," Jane said, eyes searching as her mind worked overtime, "not just on Asgard or on a star. Malekith is gonna destroy everything!"

"How?" Every bit of Thor was desperate. "Jane, how?"

"God, how powerful is that thing he absorbed to be able to do that?" Casia questioned, brows furrowed and knitted together in a cross-stich of horror and confusion. If he really was going to destroy everything, there was no time to fix any of the disasters of her life before the end.

"Very powerful," Thor replied, though his resilience was admirable. Even in the bold face of defeat, he stood with an optimism to rival all.

Where Casia had always found herself slipping into pessimism, Thor's brightness had grown in her life as more of a beacon than anything she'd ever encountered previously. He'd asked her questions about topics she'd not thought about in a long time. Her family, her past, her motives. All of his questions brought her own to the surface once again and, even if she wasn't the child who'd run from home anymore, she still wanted to return and begin to make her amends.