seventeen, goodbye for now

seventeen"until the final hour"

seventeen
"until the final hour"

Casia didn't remember much beyond the pain. When Lusine and Thor came to collect her from the cafe of hiding civilians, she was awake, up and walking.

When she turned to see the two of them entered, she had no words. Lusine stepped forwards and extended a hand to her, which Casia shook without hesitation.

"You are a brave woman, Agent Radcliffe," She told her genuinely, "there are not many full-blooded Asgardians who could go through what you endured and come out of the other side in one piece."

"In one piece?" Casia raised an eyebrow and retracted her hand, ignoring the sticky blood that now coated her palm.

"I think what Lusine is attempting to say is that it is an extremely testing process," Thor interjected, offering a steady medium between the two, though he completely trusted Lusine now that he had seen the way she'd wielded her power in battle. Not a shred of doubt remained inside of him.

"Yes," Lusine said. "Now, if you're still requesting help, you need to take the evening to think on it because... well, it would require you to leave Midgard and to travel either to Asgard or to my home where you could be taught." Lusine clasped her hands in front of herself as she waited for Casia's face to drop and her eyes to brim with tears.

Neither of those responses occurred as Casia clenched her jaw, taking a moment to think.

At last, she said, "I'll think on it this evening, but I'd rather come with you to learn than stay on Earth as a liability."

Lusine blinked at her for a moment.

"I have to admit, I was not expecting you to agree," She replied, "but I am relieved in your reasoning. Thor and myself leave tomorrow morning. You may let me know your decision then."

Casia nodded in response, anxiousness building up within her at the prospect of such a significant decision, but what more did she have to lose?

-