twenty six, broken broken broken

twenty six"how long until death finally tells the truth? -NEVER !"

twenty six
"how long until death
finally tells the truth? -NEVER !"

Another long day ticked by and Casia still hadn't moved from her bed. Though she had started eating, it was nothing beyond plain bread. Anything else didn't settle and came rushing back up for an encore only moments later.

Though she no longer rested on the edge of death, movement made her head spin and all she wanted to do was sleep. That dwelling darkness drew her into deep slumber fast and often.

And she let it because what else was there to do when event he thought of standing made her retch.

On the third day, Thor finally came to visit after being away to battle for peace in the Nine Realms.

He had that same pity lined across his mouth and sprawled amongst his eyes when he creaked the door open to see Casia bundled up in her bed as if it were a cocoon with one arm protruding from within the covers to hold the book up to her face.

She slammed the book closed when she caught sight of him and let it drop onto her front, barely craning her neck up to greet him with a simple hello.

"You haven't moved since the last time I saw you," Thor concluded. There was no need to ask questions when the answer was plain obvious. He pulled the armchair back to her bedside as she groaned and rolled over, drawing her arm back into the covers.

"I have," She protested and gazed at him lazily through her thick eyelashes, "Just an extremely limited distance."

"Not good enough," Thor said, standing up once more. He extended a hand to her, but she just stared at it, unmoved. "Come on, we're getting you outside."

"I really don't want to," Casia grumbled, but there was such hope in his eyes as he let his hand there, reaching out to her, that she crumbled beneath the weight. With a sigh, Casia drew back the covers and placed her hand in his. "I can't move too quick or my stomach throws its toys out of the pram."

"We can take it slow," Thor replied, smiling down at her softly as her arm linked through his. She was more frail than he'd imagined she would be as she clung to his side.

Casia laughed loudly, a laugh to rival the devil in his prime as she hid her pain like a professional. "Is that what you tell all your women?" She joked, nudging him with her bony elbow.

At least she hadn't lost her sense of humour.

"Only the ones who spend everyday in bed," Thor said, bumping her back, but forgetting his own strength and having to catch her as she stumbled.