thirty seven, forgiveness

thirty seven"a moment alone"

thirty seven
"a moment alone"

Lusine awaited her travelling companions at the beginning of the stretching colours of the Bifrost, reformed after the disasters of, what felt like, lifetimes ago.

Another fleeting moment of her expansive life approached her in the place of those she waited for. In all her hundreds of years of life, she'd never encountered anyone quite like Loki and, even as he approached her in the illusionary form of his adoptive father, she wondered if maybe they could've eased into one another's company once again, as easily as the first, but less chaotic.

But Lusine knew that the chance of her happiness in that scenario would have been slim. She was no fool, even for the allure of love.

"Accompany me into the Observatory." Was all Odin's voice said to her, not slowing to stop in his stride to wait for her decision.

Across the flares of rainbow, they walked. Silent, but wondering all the same.

For Lusine, the wonder came in asking how he'd discovered she intended to depart Asgard at long last, though they'd both been aware this was inevitable.

On the other side of whirring thoughts, Loki wondered just what she thought she was accomplishing by leaving without so much as a goodbye.

When they enter the Observatory, Lusine turned to him, the flush of her cheeks hues of pink against her pale skin. With Heimdall no where to be seen, Loki's illusion faded right before her eyes and he was once again that silver-tongued serpent, stars in his eyes.

"You didn't really think I would let you leave without a farewell?" Loki asked, one dark eyebrow raised, and a smirk tilted at his mouth, familiar and yet a stranger.

Lusine's lips twitch, but the rise is not met. "I thought it would be for the best if I left without hassle," She explained, lacing her fingers through the straps of the bag she'd brought from Midgard, repacked with numerous other items precious to her and accompanied by another larger bag, already brought into the Observatory by a young boy looking for a bit of coin.

"I wouldn't have prevented you from going, Lusine," He said, taking a moment to consider her perspective of him in light of recent events, namely his attempted invasion of Earth and faking his own death.

"No, no, of course, not, but I thought that you'd try to persuade me to stay. Maybe sway me away from returning to Midgard. Even if I did not remain here as your... as your lover, I didn't think you'd approve of me leaving Asgard for Midgard and I—"

"Of course, I don't approve," He scoffed. "I would never." He reached a hand forwards, his fingertips brushed against her jaw, just for old-time's sake. "But you can hardly stay here when it's hindering your healing process."

Lusine covered his hand with hers, her mouth blooming. "Thank you, Loki, for everything." She kissed the back of his hand softly, yet shortly, before a grin of mischief crossed her face. In a moment, she'd pulled him into her and just held him close, breathed in his scent one last indulgent time. "I forgive you for all that you have done, and I hope that you forgive me too."