five, order

five"but with heart"

five
"but with heart"

The loud whirring that overcomes the heli-carrier is unlike anything Lusine had ever heard. She shot from her seat and remained calm as she glided over to the window, peering out the front with one, cold hand pressed on the glass.

The propellers begin to spin. Strong and fast, sending the water into a flurry of panic as its churned by the disturbance. The carrier begins to lift into the air, out of the reach of the ocean's clawing hands, rising from claw and tooth.

The coolness of the glass pressed against her forehead as she leaned closer, craning to look down at the ocean below.

A beautiful thing, but, from all the stories she had heard, she knew it was twice as deadly.

Lusine's ears pricked at the sound of Coulson's familiar voice and she turned from the window, eyes locking on him immediately. There were countless unfamiliar faces aboard the heli-carrier, but now there were four new ones.

Whisking an air of confidence into her step, Lusine crossed the space and slid into place beside Coulson, putting him between herself and the others.

The man with only one eye locked that solitary eye on her. "Agent Coulson, is this the woman who fell from the sky?"

"Yes," Coulson replied, gesturing to her with one hand. "This is Lusine Volkov, goddess of..."

"Princess of Wolf Moon," Lusine said, filling in the gap with a much less threatening version of her title. "It's a pleasure to be aboard this... ship?"

"Finally someone as clueless as I am," The blond man dressed in a brown leather jacket said, crossing his arms across his broad chest.

"Clueless is the wrong word. I prefer 'learning'," Lusine quipped before she could reign in her tongue. "And, may I ask who I am in the presence of?" She asked, looking to Coulson to steer the conversation on, ignoring the stare of the icy blue eyes digging into her skin.

Coulson gestured to each of the figures, naming them. "Director Fury, Steve Rodgers, Natasha Romanoff, and Doctor Bruce Banner."

"It's a pleasure to meet you all," Lusine said, smiling. "I'm sorry to have interrupted."

Natasha surveyed her once over and must have decided she wasn't a threat because she turned away to look at one of the computer screens tracing faces. Bruce Banner was soon escorted away to be shown his laboratory by Natasha at the Director's wish and Lusine could hear her telling him how much he was going to love it.

"Now," Director Fury turned his attention to Lusine, "why have you come to Earth?"

"I have no quarrel with Midguard, if that is your concern, Director," She replied, lacing her fingers together in front of herself, feeling the pit of her power filling with every second she stood, with every intake of breath, with every pulse of her blood. "I did not come here by choice."