eighteen, golden

eighteen"i want to be a part of something big"-

eighteen
"i want to be a part of
something big"
-

The rush around her was immense. Nothing like she'd ever experienced before, unable to be explained to those who had not lived it. Packed with colour, bright with light, and supremely loud as it roared against her ears. Whipped her hair in different directions and made her glad that she hadn't decided to spend time making it presentable that morning.

As the energy flew past them, Casia tried to take it all in. To remember it if they never did that again and to have one more story to tell her children and grandchildren when she was old and frail and unable to keep her eyes open for more than half an hour.

When the rush came to a halt and they walked into the control room, Casia's jaw hit the golden floor with such force it was a wonder the ground didn't shatter beneath.

"This place," Casia breathed out, choking on awe and wonder, "is beautiful. I've never seen anything like it and I've met Ryan Gosling." She turned to Thor with shimmering eyes which glinted with curiosity for the new terrain before her. "Why did you not bring me here sooner?"

"Asgard is no place for Midgardians," Lusine said quietly, fastening her grip on Cathal in mistrust of her cousin's compliance. Her words were unsettling to say the least, but Casia shrugged them from her shoulders and trampled them as she took a few steps forwards.

"If it had been known sooner what power you truly possessed, perhaps you would have journeyed here a long time ago," Thor replied, placing a steady hand on her shoulder as if he feared she would topple.

But Casia stood strong, even when the armoured figure turned to greet them. He was broad shouldered, muscular, towered above them, but he had a friendly-enough face. From the way he smiled and regarded Thor with utter respect, she knew him to be a figure of great knowledge.

As the gatekeeper, he was the one to alert of their presence before they'd even completed their transmigration to Asgard. Only moments later, guards stormed in and Casia was all-too-pleased to see them take the chained prisoners into their custody, Loki sulking the entire time and Cathal looking utterly murderous.

At the forefront was a woman crested with silver armour, hair braided back from her face to reveal the rise of her strong cheekbones and the depth of her eyes as she bore into the new arrivals.

Briefly, she regarded Thor and Lusine, but when her gaze fell upon Casia, she frowned.

"You have brought a Midgardian to Asgard?" She questioned, gesturing with her hand towards where Casia stood terribly out of place dressed in a leather jacket and jeans.

"This is Casia Radcliffe. She possesses a power which she cannot yet control," Thor said. Casia shifted uncomfortably beside him. "She will remain here for a short while before Lusine and herself depart for Remulan where I suspect they will remain for the foreseeable future." He took a step forward, moulding into his heritage. "This is Lady Sif," He told them.