three, hospitality versus venom

three" liar's lips "-

three
" liar's lips "
-

Lusine did not talk to the agent for the remainder of the journey, despite his best attempts to politely question her. His questions were not rudely phrased, but Lusine wanted to have some time to think about her next move before she was thrown into something she didn't understand without a plan at hand.

By the time he was leading her onto some kind of boat, she knew what she was going to do. From this man, she would absorb and consume as many resources as she could. Food, water, having a roof over her head, but there was so much more than that. Having the time to rekindle the fire inside of her was one task.

Though she'd used the malevolent power on Agent Coulson, it was weak. Not dead, but miles away from her. As if she'd left it right where she'd slumbered upon the cushions of the void.

"You are an unexpected guest, Miss Volkov," Coulson said as he held a door open for her, his winkled expression friendly and trusting. That was unfamiliar to Lusine. She had not been trusted by a stranger in a very long time. All those who knew her name knew what she was capable of and what her favourite pass time was. "Alas, there is plenty of room aboard for you."

"You have been very kind, Agent Coulson, I cannot thank you enough for your hospitality." She smiled a predatory smile, teeth showing. "Although I do ask that you just call me Lusine."

If he noticed the illness in her grin, he did not comment. "Your quarters are not far from here. You mentioned wanting hot food? We can have that brought to you as if this was a seven star hotel."

"That would be wonderful, thank you," Lusine said, this time no lie on her lips. Just the thought of a hot meal made her mouth water. It had been too long and she was running out of energy, reduced to a shell of her former glory. Asgard had ruined her, Loki had destroyed her.

Coulson held the door open for her again and proudly announced, "This will be your residence while you recover. Once you are rested, come and find me. I'll be around somewhere, just ask, okay?"

Lusine nodded her head, her body aching for the moment he closed the door and she could finally refresh herself.

"If you're really feeling up to it, we could start running some tests on you and see what happened to you when you fell."

"Tests?" She paused in the doorway, her bone like fingers curling tightly around the metal doorframe as she turned back to him, smile replaced by a snarl. "I do not think tests will be necessary."

"But-"

With her emotions rising, she did not feel the need to reach out to him to compel him with her devious eyes and liar's lips as her glamour faded, revealing her true complexion and eyes darkening to their powerful, void black.

"Tests will not be necessary. If you so much as try to experiment on me, I will cut you into tiny pieces and feed you to the wolves," She seethed lowly, not stepping from the doorway as not to draw any unwanted attention to herself.

The black veins were not so vicious as they had once been as she'd regained control of her own body and power, but they still spanned from her fingertips up to her shoulders in a crawling vine.

"You are dismissed," She said, eyes glinting with an excitement at the sensation of power flooding her. Not just the power inside of her, but the power she commanded at the rise and fall of her voice.

And the glimmer of it was enough to send her pulse racing with adrenaline. It was as if centuries had passed since she'd felt that kind of power over another being. Long, long years in a dragon's slumber, cloaked in wolf fur, and cradled by the void as it whispered sweet melodies in her ear, promising greatness where it was due.

Coulson naturally complied and shut the door behind him as he left.

Lusine ran herself a well-deserved bath and found herself drifting to sleep in its warmth as she soaked her bruised body. She ran the water up her arms, over her shoulders, being sure to scrub away the impurities that tore at her with tooth and claw.

But she was tough and a fall would not keep her crawling for long.

Just as she let her simmering blue eyes gently close, eye lashes fluttering against pale, taut skin, the name of a dead man came to her in a whisper. A whisper that sent flurries of shivers down her spine and set her toes curling in the scalding water. It was the name of the man who had whispered sweet nothings to her in the moments after love had been made, glorified his promises of fruit-bearing chaos as he kissed her sweet spot, and the dead man she'd given the world.

The whisper from the void's depths sent her eyes flying open once more, her hands gripping the sides of the bath as she sat up.

"He's here?" She asked, her voice a breath in the air.

"Indeed he is," The void replied grimly, a clear annoyance a guttural noise in his tone. "But he is not you priority anymore, Volkov. Stay focused."

"Would it not be too much trouble to pay him a little visit?" She purred, running her finger along the black lightning bolt veins on her other hand. "I have some... unfinished business to tend to."

"Unfinished business which does not need to be finished."

"Oh," Lusine said, "but it really does. The day I see that god's still-beating heart in my hand will be the day I truly smile again.I would sooner die than live with unpaid debts. But my day will be soon and it will be truly and utterly chaotic, my brother."

-

1023 words

me: i need to focus more on school my dudes
also me: my dudes, here's an update of a book i haven't updated in almost a year lmao whaddup