eleven, turning tides, mad eyes

eleven"lose the battle"

eleven
"lose the battle"

Lusine had barely pulled herself into a brand new dress when the entire heli-carrier shook. With a heavy sigh, she downed the remainder of her red wine and strode from the room, her spear materialising in her palm in a flash of silver light.

This was the moment she had been waiting for.

Guards and agents alike rushed all around her, hurrying to their stations as Loki's plan came to fruition at last. Lusine walked against the tide, as she had always done, as her power rippled against her skin, trembling with every step she took, heeding to her control as she entered her killing calm that had escaped her for too long.

She'd not known how to do it for too long, but Natasha had tested her that day and she had controlled herself. Confident she could do it again, she flexed her fingers around the reins and pressed on.

When she got to the room, two blue-eyed soldiers stood outside, guarding. Lusine smiled sweetly at them, conjuring the white magic in her palm. "Step aside," She commanded, but they did not heed her warning, opting to raise their guns. "Bad idea," Lusine snarled as she unleashed her power, holding steady as it struck them in pulses of raw power and left them empty corpses at her feet.

She stepped over their bodies, into the room where she knew Loki would be.

"Impressive," He noted when he caught sight of her, knowing she would come. There was something about the way the universe worked that found enjoyment in bringing them together, seeing the crash and burn of their love light up the night, white hot fire.

"They were in my way," Lusine remarked, the sharpened tip of the spear grinding against the metal floor as she paced, marking out her prey. "And now all that is left is for me to stop you from getting what you want."

"And you're going to do that all by yourself? Or are your new friends going to help? Because I don't see a single one of them." He grit his teeth. "Stand down, Lusine."

Lusine clicked her tongue. "But that would be no fun." The lilt in her voice was warped with lies as she stopped pacing and turned, snarling.

"As you wish," Loki said, raising his hand and snapping his fingers. Behind him, one of his 'men' illuminated in a wash of white light and strode forward to his side, his form shifting into a womanly curvature, the wrath of the sun in her molten iron eyes. "Meet Cathal, a new ally of mine."

The woman grinned at her, a reflection of that snarl she'd worn for years, that smile she'd worn like armour staring back at her.

"Cousin," Cathal regarded with a mock bow of her head, that grin never faltering as she unsheathed her dual blades, icy hair bouncing in curls at her neck as she lowered herself into that killing stance.

"This is a new low, even for you, Loki. Bringing an exiled cousin to face me instead of facing me yourself? Are you truly that scared of me?" Eyes shuddering to their deep purple, she narrowed them tight and low as she too squared her shoulders and readied herself.