thirty five, witness

thirty five"growth"

thirty five
"growth"

Casia, despite prior warnings not to hesitate, hesitated as she watched Lusine advance towards the four Dark Elves that opposed her.

This was beyond anything Casia had ever experienced and, no matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't conjure that fire inside of her through the freeze of fear that had overcome her senses. Like she'd been stumped at the source, the fire would not come to her battle cry this time. It sat silently, blinking, unmoving.

All she could do was witness as Lusine bit off more than she could chew.

The first was taken down with ease. Lusine moved in a collected manner. Appeared completely submerged in that killing calm she wore with the ease of a trophy wife in silk. It lulled the enemy into a false sense of superiority over a woman armed with only two daggers, her magic in a faraway place to regrow into at least shade of its former self.

When the bolder of the four took a swing, Lusine swung back and carved the dagger through its throat in lightning speed.

The first collapsed to its knees beneath her; fell forwards into the dust where its bones would remain for centuries to come. Forgotten.

The remaining three advanced at once. They understood the threat before them would not die easy. Would not die without leaving a legacy behind to live on in her name.

Though the flames roared in her ears, Casia was a statue of witness to the third near death of Lusine Volkov.

The second elf was dispatched, but not quite so easily as the first. Her breathing was visibly laboured and the remaining two did not relent attacks when their brother fell.

Lusine drove the daggers in and pushed the body back into the floor, both her and the dying elf gasped for air. Though she was quick even in her fatigue, the other two enemies were quicker.

As she turned to deal with them, they dealt with her. Their blades were driven through her simultaneously. One through the side, one through the shoulder.

That moment, the trauma reared its head, panic set in and seized control of her limbs, and rendered her nothing but a doll to play with.

Lusine's eyes went wide and her body unmoving as they drew the weapons from her flesh and drove them in again. This time, she fell back into the dust, lungs tight, breathing rasped and struggled to gather the life force to keep her ticking over as they pinned her down with their blades.

Casia's cheeks were wet beneath her hands as she covered her mouth in horror at the sight of Lusine unable to defend herself. The crime set her in motion. Thawed the frozen cogs of her machine and sent her, at last, moving.

Despite her beginnings of an attack, much too late, she found she wasn't needed as the Dark Elves were efficiently, though undeniably desperately, torn away by the adept fight of Loki Laufeyson.