ten, to trust or not to trust

ten"declare your war"

ten
"declare your war"

What they found in that room was weaponry. The Captain's face had fallen at it and Lusine found herself extending a hand to him, placing it on his broad shoulder to comfort the man who'd wanted to believe in the good, but had only found the bad.

"This does not mean that all is lost, Captain," Lusine said, offering words of comfort that bore no underlying lies. The crestfallen face of Steve was enough to bring it out of her as golden as the sunlight, not faltering through the dark.

"I know." He pulled the gun from the box, weighing it up in his grasp. "I thought that maybe this time things were going to get done right."

Lusine's hand dropped to her side. "It seems there is no right and there is no wrong where this organisation is concerned. Everything is grey."

Steve declined to respond, squaring his broad shoulders.

The gun was odd in his hands: a weapon of destruction where those palms upheld justice like an unauthorised God in his own right.

Maybe it was being around Midguardians that was rubbing off on her, making her soft, but she found herself wanting to be more just in her ways. That little slither of light leapt with joy at the thought, breathing in the strength just as the fist of the void brought it down again, but hit the ground with a grin at its mouth as it knew it had made its mark.

Betrayal after betrayal had left her questioning more about herself and those she'd chosen to surround herself with.

"We should show this to Tony and Doctor Banner," Steve said at last, meeting her eyes with that wave of frustration toiling back and forth.

-

Lusine remained to watch the confrontation. Had to keep her face cool as Fury butted heads with Tony and Steve over the discovery of the Hydra weaponry and plans for missiles that he had attempted to lie about.

As amusing as it was to see their little team forming cracks, she needed them to hold steady long enough for her to get her revenge on Loki and then go home, if that was even still her home.

Of course it was.

No place in the universe could ever compare to the Wolf Moon, her birth place where she had grown into the woman who could warp minds of men and women alike, steal wives for herself, use the husbands as a one-night stand. Where she had fallen in love and lost that love. Where she'd fought alongside her people when invaders threatened their home. Fought alongside her brother and her cousins.

Where she would rise to the throne as heir of her father and rule as the true Queen of the Wolf Moon.

When the familiar red head of Natasha entered the laboratory, Lusine took it as her cue to leave. Rising from the stool, she brushed out her dress and swept from the room.