| 5|~Sweet Escape~

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Take my chosen to the vehicle as well," he orders. "We shall depart shortly."

No, this isn't happening. He is seriously considering taking me with him. I start to panic, going crazy in King Nicklaus's arms.

This is not happening! This is not happening! This is not happening!

He restrains me with ease, and my attempts of freeing myself from his hold fail miserably.

Xander's eyes meet my own, and I silently plead with him to save me from this fate. For some strange reason, I seem to secretly trust this king.

When his stormy eyes turn black and he doesn't intervene, all hope is lost. He turns his back on me and storms off the stage.

My fear heightens to a new peak. King Nicklaus throws me into a huge scary vampire's arms roughly.

The urge to find my way out of this kicks in. I start throwing punches into the vampire's chest, ready to fight him with my last breath.

"Let me the fuck go, you piece of shit," I roar loudly.

The crowd abruptly settles down and focuses in our direction. This is a rare sight for them. Humans in this day and time don't fight back, especially those that are being auctioned off.

The vampire guard's eyes flash red and land on King Nicklaus and then suddenly his lips curve into a wicked grin.

"You stupid human bitch. Now I have to teach you a lesson in obedience," he spits before intercepting my next punch and twisting my wrists painfully.

A snapping noise releases into the air. A soft whimper escapes as pain shoots through me, but I continue to attack, refusing to back down without a fight. I scream when a sharp cold object pierces my skin, forcing my body to instantly go numb. My eyelids feel heavy and everything around me goes black.

* * *

My skin tingles like wildfire as I wake up from my sleep. I open my eyes slowly and massage the sharp pain on the left side of my neck. Gosh, it stings like crazy. A tense pain pounds on the right side of my head. My neck is sore and cramped. My bones ache. What did the hell happen? My vision is blurry. I'm surrounded by darkness. However, there is no way to miss the amber-eyed woman with a chain around her neck as she stares directly at me.

I try to pull myself up, but my body has another idea.

"If you try to stand quickly, you will hurt yourself," the woman advises me.

A groan leaves my lips as I attempt to roll to my side and pull myself up once again, trying to stand. I feel super dizzy, drowsy even. Somehow, I manage to pull myself halfway up, right before I crash back down. Without another word, the woman continues to watch me.

"Where am I?" I ask, adjusting my eyes to the darkness.

She is way too pretty to be a normal slave, but the tight collar around her neck says otherwise. I have never seen a silver collar before. She has long jet‑black hair that blends perfectly with her milk‑chocolate skin, even in its matted state. Whichever vampires have taken possession of us must be pure evil. The poor thing's bones reveal to me that she has missed many meals. But her malnutrition does not completely conceal her rare beauty.

She licks her dry lips and answers, "You shall figure that out soon enough."

The tone of her voice irritates me. How great! Of course, they would pair me with another heartless human! Hopefully, once I make it to Antarctica, I'll meet some humans who are a little more in tune with their humanity.