Klaine: Somewhere Only We Know

Prompt: Klaine has a petty argument, and Kurt kicks out Blaine for the night, but Blaine refuses to leave.

"Will you just quit it, Blaine? This is my future! Don't you care about my future?" Kurt screamed at his boyfriend, running a hand through his hair several times.

"Of course I care, Kurt!" Blaine replied, throwing his arms up in fury. "But you don't care about mine at all! You never stop yapping on about NYADA, and frankly I'm sick of it! If you want to be in New York so bad then go! Leave me here in the dust like you always do! It's all you're good at anyway."

Blinded from his haze of rage, Blaine didn't realize how much that had both pained and angered Kurt until it was too late. "I think you should leave, Blaine. You're an idiot if you think that for a second I don't care about your future. I care about you so much that it hurts. Obviously you need a bit of time to mull this over, though, so I'm telling you to leave."

"Wh-what? No, Kurt, I'm not going until we settle this. We shouldn't go to sleep mad at each other," Blaine pleaded. His indignant expression fell immediately, soon being replaced by a helpless look. He felt tears prick at the corner of his eyes, but he hastily blinked them away, not wanting Kurt to see his moment of vulnerability.

"I'm not mad, Blaine," Kurt sighed. "I'm just tired and disappointed. We can settle this tomorrow morning." He ushered Blaine out of the door and quickly shut it behind him, not even allowing the shorter boy to protest.

"Kurt! What the hell, Kurt? We shouldn't wait to solve this; we need to solve it now!" Blaine tried to open Kurt's door, but he had it locked. "I can't sleep without you beside me," he whispered, resting his forehead on the door. "Please let me in."

Kurt pressed his back against the door, drained. He slid down until he was sitting, his head leaning on the wood behind him. His eyes began to close as the exhaustion, both physically and emotionally, came over him.

His blue eyes snapped open in alarm when he heard a familiar song from his favorite voice. "I walked across an empty land," his boyfriend brokenly sang. "I knew the pathway like the back of my hand..."

Kurt listened on as Blaine continued, expressing his emotions through the song. Their song. "And if you have a minute why don't we go," Blaine paused to swallow dryly, "talk about it somewhere only we know? This could be the end of everything, so why don't we go somewhere only we know?"

"Oh simple thing," Kurt joined in, turning to face the door. "Where have you gone? I'm getting old and I need something to rely on."

"So tell me when you're gonna let me in," Blaine smiled, a tiny weight lifting from his shoulders. "I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin..."

They kept singing, still on opposite sides of the door, overwhelm with feeling. "Somewhere only we know," they ended together, and Kurt reluctantly unlocked and opened the door.

"You know that song is my weakness, right? Y-You can't just sing it every time we fight," Kurt sarcastically chuckled.

"Yeah," Blaine grinned. "But, you know, one of these days we're gonna get married. I know it. And you can't just kick me out when we fight. Maybe force me to sleep on the couch but not literally lock me out of the house."

"Yeah, I'm-I'm really sorry. That was super unfair, and I should've been more, um, open-minded about the whole thing."

"So," Blaine offered his hand to his boyfriend. "future Kurt Anderson."

"Woah woah woah," Kurt shook his head. "It's gonna be Blaine Hummel."

"Well, what if we just hyphenate it. Like Hummel-Anderson?" Blaine reasoned.

"I can compromise," Kurt shrugged light-heartedly.

"Now, my love, would you like to go somewhere only we know?" Blaine linked his fingers through Kurt's soft ones.

"If you mean my bedroom, then hell yes," Kurt nodded eagerly, and Blaine laughed heartily as he led the taller boy into his bedroom, keeping the door open for him then shutting it behind them.

A/N

Just an idea that popped up in this jumbly old brain of mine. If you enjoyed, please vote and comment! Happy reading!