Klaine: Unexpected Birthday Party

Kurt stood in the rain, anger radiating off of him. How could his boyfriend - sorry ex-boyfriend, just dump him in the middle of the street with rain pouring like heavy pellets? On his birthday, no less! Seething, Kurt stormed to the nearest store, dripping with water from head to toe. It turned out the store was a bakery, and the sweet smell of bread filled his nose, however it did almost nothing to calm him.

A boy with doe brown eyes, triangular eyebrows, and gelled brown hair was behind the counter, seemed surprised to see someone barge in the rain.

"Are you alright?" He questioned timidly.

Kurt shook his head, grumpily sitting right where he stood. The boy peered at him curiously, but didn't say anything, figuring that he would tell him eventually.

And eventually he did. In fact, Kurt practically sobbed his problems to him. "I don't even know what I did! We were doing so well, but he did seem a little distant. I figured he was just stressed with work, I mean he has a lot to do, but then today, on my freaking birthday, he just dumped me on the street and told me he cheated on me! What kind of birthday gift is that? Everyone warned me about him, but I thought I could trust him. I was just another person to fall for his tricks. And now I'm stuck here in some random place with some random person on my birthday!"

"It's your birthday?" The boy asked, and Kurt rolled his eyes.

"I've said it twice."

"Right, right. Well, you know this is a bakery. We have some cakes, and I'm sure I can find some candles in the back cabinet-"

"I'm not celebrating my birthday with some stranger!" Kurt snapped. So maybe it was a little harsh, but he was in a pissed off mood, and he felt like anyone who tried to help him was just going to make his life a hell just like his ex.

"Alright, well, my name's Blaine Anderson. Now I'm not a stranger. Look, I'm trying to help you. I'll even let you have the cake for free."

Kurt narrowed his eyes in suspicion at Blaine. "My name's Kurt Hummel. And I do appreciate the offer, but I don't know you well enough to let just trust you."

"Well, this storm doesn't seem to leave, so I guess we should get to know each other."

And so they hit it off almost immediately, chatting about what schools they went to, how they both loved music, and soon enough, Kurt began trusting this non-stranger more and more by the minute.

"So, do you know me enough to let me give you a birthday cake?" Blaine asked several minutes later.

Kurt barely hesitated before nodding. There was something about Blaine that made him trust the doe-eyed boy. Whether it was his relentless need to gain Kurt's trust, or if it was his charming smile, Kurt didn't know, but he didn't care either.

Blaine disappeared for a few minutes only to return with a tiny chocolate cake in his hands, two candles burning on it.

"One candle's for you, and the other is for me because guess what?"

"What?" Kurt sat up, intrigued.

"It's my birthday, too."

They spent countless birthdays after that moment, some as friends, some as boyfriends, some as fiancés, and the last as husbands.

A/N

Thank you 5Harminazor for requesting this. Hope you liked it! If you did, please vote and comment! Happy reading!