Jarley: Movies

After Jake Puckerman saw the beautiful blue-eyed brunette working at the movie theater, he knew immediately he had to see her again.

So he visited the movie theater again.

And again.

And again.

And again and again and again and again.

And every time he saw her, his throat would dry up, and he be speechless.

She just needed to look at him once, and he immediately crumbled.

Jake didn't understand how he, the school player, had his breath taken away just by simply looking at some unnamed girl. Albeit, this unnamed girl had an addictive smile, perfect hair, amazing eyes.

Was this what love at first sight was like? Having his stomach flip over like a pancake, his heart beating faster than people at black Friday sales, his lungs feeling like they were closing in.

This was such a foreign feeling to Jake, and even though it should've made him uncomfortable, he actually enjoyed feeling helpless to a girl.

Eventually, she caught on to his staring. It took her only three days to figure it out. Once the mystery girl realized that he was there for her, her eyebrows quirked upwards the slightest bit.

Eventually, she spoke to him about his several visits, "You really like movies that much?"

Jake tugged his bottom lip in between his teeth. "Yeah. I've been trying to meet someone, but I'm not sure if I'm on the right track."

"Oh? Do I know this person? I might be able to help," the girl suggested, seemingly oblivious to him.

"Okay, um," he rubbed his hands together, glancing around the mostly empty movie theater. "She's got this amazing brown hair. Uh, really nice eyes-"

"What color?" She urged, the tiniest of smiles appearing on her face.

A smirk began twitching on his lips. "Blue."

"And what's her name?" The blue-eyed brunette leaned forward, shifting slightly so he could see her nametag.

"Oh, uh..." he trailed off, his eyes glancing down to her nametag. "Rose."

This twisted the girl into a spin. Rose? Who was that? That was her-

"My last name. Hm, interesting," she chuckled. "My name is Marley. Yes, like in that book where the dog dies."

"I wasn't gonna say that. I was gonna say 'like Bob Marley.'"

"Were you?"

"Mhm."

"Really?"

"Yup," he popped the 'p.'

"You weren't gonna mention the dog?"

"Nope," he popped the 'p' again.

"So you'd be the first person that said that."

"Would I? Even your mom calls you the dog that died?" He let out a puff of breath. "That's rough, man."

"I- no- nevermind," Marley sighed. "So you're here for me?"

"Mhm..." he hummed slowly, not sure if he was going to be rejected.

"You should've just asked me out. I would've said yes from looks alone, but I'm not completely shallow."

"Well would you kiss me from looks alone?" He gave her what he thought was a charming wink.

She scoffed, "I don't kiss on the first date. Now are you gonna waste my time or ask me out?"

A/N

Jarley was one of my favorite ships before Jake cheated on Marley like a dumbass. Anyway, hope you enjoyed that incredibly short one-shot because there's hopefully gonna be a Quick one-shot coming right after. Then, for all my Klaine shippers, there's gonna be a Birthday Part 2 because I really like that universe. If you liked it, please vote and comment! Happy reading!