Proclamations and Visit from Sirius.

Third person's point of view.

Rayvan had been coming down from the dorms to go and eat when she heard the marshmallow peep shouting. "Pardon me, professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?" the two teachers had been going up the stairs when Rayvan stopped around the corner to listen, "I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices." Rayvan could smell Harry and Ron standing watch as other students joined them.

"So silly of me, but it sounds as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom, Minerva." she added while taking a step up from the older teacher. "Not at all, Dolores, merely your medieval methods." McGonagall said taking a step up too. "I am sorry, dear. But to question my practices is to question the Ministry and by extension the Minister himself. I am a tolerant woman, but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty."

Taken aback by this McGonagall stepped back, "Disloyalty." she said unbelievingly. Taking another step up Umbridge looked down at the students. "Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action." When her 'speech' was finished Rayvan stepped out around the Professor and silently stood behind her, when she turned to head up she squeaked and nearly fell back.

Time slowed and Rayvan was tempted to let the woman fall and possibly break something but it wasn't what Dumbledore would want. So she reached out and grabbed the woman by the front of her shirt, her knees having locked as she stood as straight as a board, with her arm stretched out her shirt sleeve and robe cuff slid up her arm, though the view was blocked by Umbridge it wasn't for McGonagall.

Pulling the woman up straight, McGonagall wasted no time in pulling Rayvan after her to go see Snape, he would know what to do. Harry watched as McGonagall pulled Rayvan after her, the girl's slender wrist caught in the professor's firm grip. When they were out of sight, McGonagall stopped and turned to Rayvan. "Why didn't you say anything?" Rayvan shrugged, "What difference would it have made."

McGonagall was not happy about this, but she knew that when Rayvan found out about the pen Umbridge used she'd do something about it. "How much more did you take on instead of the ones who were supposed to?" Rayvan shrugged "Too many to count, but it doesn't matter, as long as no one else gets hurt I don't care what happens to me." McGonagall grabbed Rayvan's shoulder and looked her in the eye, "Rayvan you can't take on all this by yourself."

Rayvan shrugged free of the older woman, "I can damn well try." she snapped before leaving and heading to her potions class as that was what she had next.

-

Over the next few weeks, Umbridge set up multiple Proclamations. Every single one was different and it added with each new thing that students did that Umbridge didn't like. After the first one, she conducted in class interview with the teacher while they were teaching. During Professor Snape, when Umbridge walked out of the class, Rayvan had tripped her and she fell on her face before trying to get up and leave without letting the students laughing at her bother her.

Which wasn't working because who ever laughed got detention and Rayvan got more words carved into her skin, it was becoming such a usual feeling that she didn't even react when a new set carved into her body. It was so bad that Dumbledore had Snape sneak into Umbridge's office to take the pen and destroy it. As more proclamations went up more students became more inclined to do what they weren't and that was fine with Rayvan she loved watching them piss the woman off.

It became a highlight of her day when the woman squirmed, but when the bitch tried to get rid of a teacher that's when she ran for Dumbledore. Blasting into his office panting she looked right at him, "Headmaster! Umbridge is trying to banish Professor Trelawney." Jumping up he followed Rayvan as she led him to the front courtyard. As the doors opened Rayvan rushed out and ran to McGonagall's side where she stood holding Trelawney as she sobbed.

"Rayvan, Professor McGonagall, might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?" they nodded and shouldered they're way back inside Trelawney grabbing Dumbledore's hand in thanks along the way. "Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of Educational decree number 23 as enacted by the minister--" Rayvan returning after McGonagall said she could go back stood behind the Headmaster.

Her arms crossed as he cut Umbridge off mid-speech. "You have the right to dismiss my teachers. You do not, however, have the authority to banish them from the school grounds. That power remains with the Headmaster." his words did not seem to scare her, as she simply smiled at him and said a threating, "For now." turning away from the woman, he looked at all the students, "Don't you all have studying to do?" and that had them all running.

Rayvan elbowing her way through the students followed Dumbledore, ignoring Harry's calling after them.

-

After leaving the Headmaster's office, Rayvan returned to the common rooms, only to hear the minister declaring that whatever bad things were happening in the Wizarding world was because of her Father. "Turn that shit off." she snapped and Harry jumped to turn off the radio. But Sirius showing up in the fireplace flames made her feel better, both rushing to see him Rayvan smiled.

"Hey Dad." smiling at her he greeted her back, "Hey Ray," Harry looking from Rayvan to Sirius frowned, "What are you doing here?" smiling up from the flames he said "answering your letter." as if it were the most obvious thing ever, "You said you were worried about Umbridge, what's she doing? Training you to kill half-breeds?" Harry shook his head, "She's not letting us use magic at all!" Sirius nodded, "Well, I'm not surprised."

Rayvan shifting forward frowned, "Is it because of Fudge, is he the one telling her that he doesn't want us trained in combat?" Sirius smiled, "Sharp as ever, Rayvan. And yes it is Fudge." But Ron was still confused, "Combat? What does he think? We're building some kind of wizard army?" Rayvan nodded, "Yes, and it wouldn't surprise me if he thought Dumbledore was doing it to bring down the Ministry." Rayvan deduced effortlessly.

"The others wouldn't want me telling you this, you two. But...things aren't going well with the Order. Fudge is blocking the truth at every turn, and these disappearances, are just how it started before. Voldemort is on the move." Harry eager to do something frowned, "Well what can we do?" but before more could be said Sirius had to leave, getting up, Rayvan knew what she had to do, but first she needed to find the space.

Then ask people to join, then everything could really get started.